Advocates Say EDGE Is Alive And Kicking
- CRM Rides Out The Storm. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;2/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p10
Deals with the use of customer relationship management (CRM) by the wireless communications industry in the U.S. for subscriber acquisition. Problems faced by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. when it started upgrading its CRM software on November 1, 2003; Number of consumer complaints on number...
- Location services creep into being. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the possibility that location-based services would integrate in the U.S. wireless industry in 2004. Location information service offering of AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; Launch of the CDMA2000 1x EV-DO from Verizon Wireless; Development of a computer software solution from Lucent...
- FYI. // Wireless Week;4/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p28
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Deal made by AT&T Wireless with RE/MAX International to offer RE/MAX U.S. affiliates access to its EDGE network; Availability of the LifeSync Wireless ECG System from GMP Companies; Enhancements made to...
- Cingular to sell Nokia 9300 using BlackBerry platform. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p4
Reports on the availability of the 9300 wireless telephone unit from Nokia Corp. through Cingular Wireless LLC in the U.S. Utilization of the Blackberry software from Research In Motion Ltd. for the device; Features of the Nokia 9300 handset, including Bluetooth capabilities; Efforts of...
- Software glitch takes down AT&T Wireless GSM activations. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the progress of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. on fixing a computer software glitch that has prevented the carrier from activating new global system for mobile communications customers, as of November 17, 2003. Details of the incident; Impact of the glitch on the operations of AT&T...
- walking with the giants. Morgan, Bryan // Wireless Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p36
Deals with the software developer program offerings of U.S. wireless carriers AT&T Wireless, Sprint PCS and Cingular Wireless. Components of Cingular Wireless' program; Notable elements of the Sprint PCS Application Developer's program; Information on the AT&T Data Developer Program.
- Big biz: A wireless target. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;10/27/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p14
Wireless carriers are stepping up efforts to woo corporate customers as the countdown to local number portability begins. AT&T Wireless Services Inc. plans to roll out its high-speed Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE) network nationwide by the end of the year, according to AT&T...
- Wireless data services offer steady Net access. Brooks, Jason // eWeek;12/6/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p45
Reviews several computer software. Universal Mobile Telecommunications System developed by AT&T Wireless Inc.; CDMA2000 1xRTT developed by Sprint Communications Co. LP; Wireless data services software developed by T-Mobile USA Inc.
- Advanced 411 Service. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reports on AT&T Wireless Incorporated's enhanced directory assistance service that offers live, professionally trained operators to answer calls and provide information beyond the name and phone number. Features of the service.