The Key To GPRS Success
- Microcell rumored to be for sale. Tausz, Andrew // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the rumors surrounding the sale of wireless carrier Microcell Telecommunications as of January 2001. Services provided by the company; Remarks of Charles Hoffman, chief executive of Rogers Wireless, regarding the rumored sale of Microcell; Capital demand faced by the company in...
- Wireless Telecommunication Services in Canada. // Wireless Telecommunication Services Industry Profile: Canada;January 2003, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry in Canada. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Microcell to launch P800. // RCR Wireless News;6/23/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p15
Reports on the decision of Canadian operator Microcell to launch the Sony Ericsson P800 smart phone. Features of the smart phone.
- Telus extends deadline for Microcell offer. // RCR Wireless News;6/28/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p14
Reports on the extension of the all-cash offer to purchase rival Canadian wireless carrier Microcell Telecommunications Inc. by Telus Corp. from June to July 2004. Plan of Microcell to seek alternatives in light of the Telus offer.
- Rogers Wireless new No. 1 with Fido buy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/27/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p16
Reports on the acquisition of Canada-based wireless operator Microcell Telecommunications Inc. by Rogers Wireless Communication Inc. as of September 27, 2004. Amount paid by Rogers for the acquisition; Number of subscribers of Rogers after the acquisition; Reason for the refusal of Microcell to...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;5/17/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the plan of Canadian telecommunications provider Telus Corp. to make a cash takeover bid for rival Microcell Telecommunications Inc. Background of Microcell; Significance of the deal to Telus; Impact of the deal on wireless providers in Canada.
- Prepaid Picks Up Steam In Canada. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;08/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p37
Reports the increasing popularity of prepaid mobile telephone service in Canada. Launch of the Pay and Talk plan of Clearnet Communications Inc.; Addition of subscribers for the prepaid Fidomatic program of Microcell Telecommunications Inc.; Opening of online stores to prepaid customers of ...
- Another blow for fixed line services. Wheelwright, Geof // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2004, p24
Features City Fido, a number-portable, land line phone replacement service offered by Microcell Telecommunications in Canada. Cost of the service; Claims of CEO Microcell AndrÃ© Tremblay on the users of mobile communication systems; Benefits from the service.
- Canadian carriers maneuver to bid for Microcell. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p22
Focuses on the bid offered by several Canadian wireless carriers for the assets of Microcell Telecommunications Inc. Reason behind the decision of Rogers Communications to bid for Microcell's assets; Plan of Telus Corp. to acquire Microcell; Impact of Microcell's launch of City Fido services,...