Mapping Out A Killer App
- V-ENABLE LICENSES MAPQUEST SERVICES. // Audiotex Update;Jul2004, p6
By combining computer software companies, V-Enable Inc.'s technology and MapQuest's mapping services, mobile phone users, coast-to-coast, have the ability to download full-color interactive maps and driving directions. MAPIT applications will integrate MapQuest technology to include...
- An Unexpected Move. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p1
Reports that America Online (AOL) Incorporated's game plan excludes buying wireless spectrum or establishing itself as a mobile virtual network operator in the United States. Deal between AOL and AT&T Wireless; Why AOL enhanced the messaging and dropped the price of the Mobile Communicator.
- AOL Mobile Messenger Expands Anywhere Strategy Into Wireless Space. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the decision of America Online Inc. to expand its Anywhere service through partnerships with wireless communication providers. Companies named as partners of AOL; Significance of the deals on the company's wireless growth.
- AOL Nets Global Ad. Matzer, Marla // Brandweek;11/04/96, Vol. 37 Issue 42, p16
Focuses on American Online's (AOL) WebCrawler search engine's partnership with MapQuest, a Web site and content provider. Objectives of the partnership; Benefits of the partnership to Web sites users; Comments from Jim Gustke, brand marketing directors for GNN, the AOL unit which runs WebCrawler.
- MapQuest Looks for New Direction. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;4/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p17
Features the MapQuest online mapping service provider in the U.S. Plan of MapQuest to extend its capabilities to wireless services; People and services which will benefit with the planned MapQuest wireless service.
- Sprint PCS, MapQuest partner on driving directions. // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p22
Informs on MapQuest Inc.'s partnership with Sprint PCS to provide driving directions to Sprint PCS Wireless Web phone users.
- AOL's ICQ messaging service aims to expand to mobile users. // RCR Wireless News;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the expansion of the ICQ instant messaging service owned by America Online Inc. to cellular phone users. Agreement with wireless carriers across the world; Purpose of the expansion.
- Cellular/PCS. // Wireless Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p16
Presents news briefs related to wireless communication services in the United States as of January 2000. Chairman of the board of governors appointed by the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium; Software licensed by Voxson Ltd. from America Online Inc.
- Iraq tops mobile search terms in 2007. // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p22
The article reports that Iraq tops the most popular mobile search term for 2008 in America Online's (AOL) web portal. According to the author, wireless Internet surfers appear to be more interested in accessing news and mobile content than any other topics. The complete top ten in AOL mobile...