And They're Off And Running!
- Sprint PCS hopes to wow with DoCoMo-like WAM. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p4
Details the plan of Sprint PCS to launch a wireless content management system in conjunction with its code division multiple access 1xRTT network rollout in summer 2002. Significance of the plan of the company; Information on Sprint's wireless Web strategy; Other plans of the company.
- CDMA carriers offer sneak peek at 1x. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the preview of the 1x wireless services from code division multiple access providers Verizon Wireless and Sprint PCS in 2001. Benefits of the services to customers and developers; Components of the wireless devices; Applications of the wireless devices.
- Wireless data trumps expectations. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;05/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on Sprint PCS, a wireless communications provider offering code division multiple access (CDMA) technology. Market position of CDMA as a cellular communication platform; Key to the success of Sprint PCS; Innovations of Sprint PCS.
- Verizon Steals 1X Crown. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;5/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the launching of code division multiple access (CDMA)2000 1XRTT service by Verizon Wireless. Questions raised by the quest for nationwide 1X coverage; Goal of the flat-rate pricing plan; Information on Sprint PCS, the first wireless carrier to launch CDMA2000 1XRTT service.
- AT&T prepares for U.S. EDGE launch. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p54
Focuses on the plans of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to offer EDGE, a third-generation radio interface technology in the United States. Benefits for wireless carriers; Partnership with British Telecommunications PLC in deploying wireless-code division multiple access; Need for a media gateway to...
- On Your Marks. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;9/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p5
Comments on the race among wireless companies toward 2.5G network. Information on the 2.5G service of AT&T Wireless; Deployment of GPRS in 2001 by AT&T Wireless; Details on the plan of NextWave to develop code-division multiple access network data network.
- AT&T, Ericsson To Test UMTS/W-CDMA. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;6/10/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p6
Deals with the announcement made by AT&T Wireless that it will install a third generation network in Dallas, Texas by the end of 2002 which uses universal mobile telecommunication system/code division multiple access technology and equipment from Ericsson. Implication of the announcement to...
- Sprint PCS reveals content deals for Vision network. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p24
Provides information on the deals formed by Sprint PCS with wireless telecommunication companies for its Vision code division multiple access 1xRTT network as of August 26, 2002. Components of the deals; Wireless Application Protocol games of Digital Bridges.
- New iDEN handset at Sprint Nextel. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the launch of the i570 integrated digital enhanced network (iDEN) handset by Sprint Nextel. The handset is one of the 14 handsets available in the company's Nextel Direct Connect line. Sprint Nextel has said it would attempt to migrate customers on its iDEN network to its...