Dawn Raids Shatter European Operators' Calm
- Price-fixers beware. Senter, Al; Fraser, Ian // Director (00123242);
Focuses on the Competition Bill to be introduced by the British government affecting price fixing practices by companies in Great Britain. Added powers to be given to the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) under the proposed bill; Comment by Elaine Gibson-Bolton, partner at solicitors S.J. Berwin &...
- Price fixing vendetta. // Dairy Industries International;Aug95, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the Irish government's efforts to curb anti-competitiveness. Impact on milk prices; Appointment of official to take over complaints on alleged price fixing.
- Federal diesel probe underway. // National Petroleum News;Feb94, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the US Department of Justice's investigation of allegations of diesel price-fixing after October 1, 1993. Mandate for low-sulfur diesel fuel in the United States and low-aromatics diesel in California; Object of the probe.
- Beyond the pale of the Sherman and Clayton Acts: The Federal Trade Commission's `invitation to... Willcox, Thomas C. // Antitrust Bulletin;Fall94, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p623
Discusses the implications of the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) decrees on price-fixing or invitations to collude in the context of the history of the Federal Trade Commission Act (FTCA). Elements of price-fixing; Examination of the fourth consent decree; Potential costs and benefits of the...
- South Africa's Competition Commission finds against power cable companies. // World Energy News;3/27/2014, p18
The article discusses the request of the Competition Commission in South Africa to penalize companies involved in controlling the market price and allocation of power cables for commercial and residential use.
- EU Price-Fixing Probe Spreads to Forwarders. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/22/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on a European Union probe on an alleged global air cargo price fixing cartel, which involves the U.S. Department of Justice and competition regulators in Canada, Australia, and Switzerland.
- SGL Carbon Challenges EC Price Fixing Fine. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/23/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 4, p4
Reports that the right of the European Commission to impose fines for price fixing on companies that have already been penalized for the same offense by the U.S. Department of Justice is being challenged by SGL Carbon, the Germany-based maker of graphites and carbon products. Companies the...
- Degussa Appeals Price Fixing Fine. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/15/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the appeal made by Degussa to the European Court against the fine imposed by the European Commission for its involvement in fixing the price of methionine. Worth of the fines imposed on Degussa and other companies involved in the price fixing scheme; Provisions of a European Union...
- FTC to Investigate Possible Pharma Collusion. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/16/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 16, p6
Reports that the United States Federal Trade Commission will investigate whether agreements between brand-name and generic drug makers denied consumers access to cheaper pharmaceuticals. Companies which were charged with making arrangements that delayed the debuts of generic version of two...