Sprint PCS Raises Billions For 3G Upgrades
- Sprint: Customer Service Lacking, Improvements Ahead. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;12/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p28
Focuses on financial and operational issues affecting Sprint PCS in 2002. Remarks from Sprint PCS president Len Lauer on the company's churn rate; Initiatives aimed at improving the company's finances and operation; Details on the company's Clear Pay Plan. INSET: Sprint PCS 4Q Guidance.
- Spending Transparency: Sprint Nextel. // Treasury & Risk;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p39
The article discusses a treasury model developed by voice and data services provider Sprint Nextel to identify where cash was being spent in real time and isolate where projected overspending was occurring.
- Carriers Pare Back Spending, Goals. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;2/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the move of wireless carriers to reduce their capital spending. Decision of Nextel Communications Inc. to reduce its capital spending; Layoffs announced by Sprint PCS, Verizon Wireless and Nextel; Focus of Nextel on other market.
- Sprint encouraged by wireless data growth. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p29
Focuses on the contribution of the wireless data services of Sprint PCS to the second-quarter financial growth of the company. Details on the number of monthly subscribers and casual users of the service; Plans to expand text messaging capabilities and add data applications; Efforts to reduce...
- Business/Finance. // CableFAX Daily;3/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the move made by Motorola to hedge its shares in telecommunication company Sprint Nextel, as of March 2006. Reason behind the move; Statement of Motorola on its relationship with Sprint Nextel.
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p3
Presents news briefs on wireless communication issues in the United States. Investment made by Sprint PCS company to Pegaso company; Employees who will share the settlement of Qualcomm company; Features of the solution launched by SSC Communications Corp.; Acquisition of JetCell Inc. by Cisco...
- Verizon Wireless garners top 4Q ranking as industry posts stronger results. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;3/20/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p12
The article provides information on the findings of a survey that examines metric values of mobile operators in North America in 2006. Cingular Wireless LLC represented more than a third of wireless industry capital expenditures in the fourth quarter. Operators being examined include Sprint...
- Wireless firms spend $2.5B to fill communications void. Penix, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that wireless and landline phone service providers have spent over $2.5 billion to improve telecommunication services after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, Louisiana. Sprint Nextel Corp. transferred its fiber ring away from flood-prone areas along the Gulf Coast,...
- Sprint and SoftBank Announce Completion of Merger. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;07/12/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p13
The article reports on the completion of the merger of wireless and wireline communications services provider Sprint Nextel Corp. and information services company SoftBank Corp. Under the deal, SoftBank has invested about 21.6 billion U.S. dollars in Sprint and it acquires approximately 72 % of...