DDMAC letter scolds Rozerem sales aid
- Prescription Drugs. Brunelli, Richard // MediaWeek;4/28/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 17, pSR15
The article discusses television advertising for prescription drugs. The author notes the advertising campaign for the sleeping aid Lunesta from pharmaceutical company Sepracor and comments that advertising spending in the drug industry may shift from television to the Internet. Pharmaceutical...
- Sleeping aids. // Drug Topics;8/8/94, Vol. 138 Issue 15, p52
Presents an overview of the sleeping aids market. Unit and total sales of sleeping aids from June 1993 to May 1994; Retail outlets for sleeping aids; Impact of private labels on sleeping aid sales in retail outlets; Top-selling stock-keeping units in drugstores in dollar sales; Product...
- Oh, for a night's sleep. Marshall, Samantha // Crain's New York Business;11/4/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the sales increase of sleeping aids in New York, New York. Impact of the terrorist attacks on the sales; Prevalence of insomnia New Yorkers; Repercussions of insomnia; Fear on the effects of insomnia on mental health.
- DTC ads appear almost anywhere; how about phone booths, bus billboards, and ...? // Medical Marketing & Media;Sep97, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p16
Cites the growth of consumer advertising options for prescription drugs in 1997 in the United States. Consumer media budget for the prescription drug, Claritin; Appearance of Claritin's ads on outdoor telephone booths and bus billboards; Bristol-Myers Squibb's promotion of its Zeret Capsule ad...
- Warning: Industry faces political attack, FDA scrutiny on DTC ads. // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the expert drug industry observers' warning that critics of prescription drug marketing will use the direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertisements under the released US Food and Drug Administration rules as basis for criticisms. Speculation on FDA's show of aggressiveness in reviewing DTC...
- Winning strategies in DTC. Sandulli, Walt; Cohen, Barry; Rodriguez Jr., Israel // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p40
Provides advice for the development of an effective direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising campaigns for prescription drugs. Strategies employed by pharmaceutical companies for DTC advertising; Development of effective consumer-directed advertising; Factors to consider for effective DTC...
- New DTC ad survey: What do the numbers really mean? // Medical Marketing & Media;Nov97, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the results of a study on the impact of prescription drug advertising on consumers. Usefulness of print advertisements; Audience recall of television commercials; Effectiveness of the ads in producing discussions with doctors.
- Enforcement of codes governing pharmaceutical promotion: What happens when companies breach... Lexchin, Joel // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;02/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p351
Focuses on five critical aspects involved in the enforcement of codes governing pharmaceutical promotion. Mechanisms for the recognition of violations; Composition of monitoring committees; Sanctions for code violations; Reports about complaints and code violations; Circulation of these...
- Study Finds Benefit In Consumer Drug Advertising. // Review of Ophthalmology;Apr2003, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p7
Discusses the benefits of direct-to-consumer prescription drug advertising in the United States. Influence on activity in doctors' offices; Effect of consumer advertising on health outcomes; Health-care actions taken on behalf of patients.