- Behind the scenes at CyberStar. Kiernan, Vincent // Satellite Communications;Sep97, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p40
Describes the CyberStar satellite communications system offered by Loral Space & Communications. Satellites and leased transponders providing digital communication links consisting the service; License granted by the US Federal Communications Commission for the service; Technological...
- Globalstar partners may take Loral offer. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/04/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p1
States that Loral Space and Communications has offered to buy partnership interests in Globalstar L.P. Number of partnership interests Loral want to buy; Amount of money Loral is paying per partnership interest.
- Loral completes purchase of Globalstar shares. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/13/98, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p20
Reports that Loral Space and Communications Limited of New York, has completed its purchase of partnership interest in Globalstar L.P. Who the interest was purchased from; Plans of Globalstar for 1999; Financial aspects of the purchase; How half of the total sales proceeds will be used;...
- Loral delays Telstar 7 launch. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;05/24/99, Vol. 129 Issue 22, p70
Reports on Loral Space and Communications' decision to delay the planned launch of its Telstar 7 communication satellite. Company's concerns about the launch vehicle Lockheed Martin Atlas III rocket.
- Looking for the "Best Days". DRUCKER, ELLIOTT // Wireless Week;3/1/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p22
The article discusses the effect of economic recession on the telecommunication industry of the U.S. While major service provider like the Motorola Inc. has reported heavy loss in its fiscal report, Nortel Netwroks Corp. is declared a bankrupt. Experts believe that the data services sector is a...
- Motorola And Nortel In Talks? McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;3/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p1
Speculates on the consolidation of the wireless equipment businesses of Motorola and Nortel. Implication of the possible combination of companies; Sales performance of Motorola; Reasons for the move.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Telecommunications. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p70
Presents information about global telecommunication underwriting volume as of January 6, 2003. Class-action lawsuit filed by shareholders of Motorola Inc. against former chief financial officer Carl Koenemann; Lawsuit filed by 360Networks Inc. against Nortel Networks Inc.
- Motorola-Nortel link could play to each other's strengths. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on the benefits of the planned merger of Motorola Inc. and Nortel Networks. Purpose of the merger; Background of the competition in the telecommunication equipment sector; Performance of both companies.
- Motorola's strength may lie in handset 'guts'. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the plan of Ontario-based Nortel Networks Inc. and German vendor Siemens AG to takeover the wireless division of U.S. telecommunication firm Motorola Inc., as of May 2002. Market status of Motorola; Expectations of industry analysts for the U.S. vendor; Details on its agreement with...