Oracle Closes Its Wireless Gap
- Oracle to expand wireless database links. Moore, Mark // PC Week;9/25/95, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p6
Reports on Oracle Corp.'s expansion of remote users' connections to databases in October 1995 when it adds support for Ardis Co.'s self-named wireless network to its remote connectivity technology. Joint marketing and development agreement with Ardis; Advantages for users of Oracle Mobile...
- Oracle's 9i Sees The Wireless Light. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p35
Reports on the market release of the Oracle9i application server that support wireless and voice applications from Oracle Corp. Importance of the application server to the cellular telephone service industry; Aim of the company in releasing the application server; Features of the application server.
- Oracle unveils e-Business Suite for PDAs. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p2
Introduces Oracle Corporation's e-Business Suite, a software which allows users of handheld devices to access a variety of applications and bring them closer to next-generation technologies. Target businesses of the software; Functionality features; Companies Oracle is working with for its...
- Compaq & Oracle package software. // Computing Japan;Oct98, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p36
Reports on a plan by Compaq Computer and Oracle Japan to bundle Oracle 8 relational database software with Compaq ProLiant servers and implement a number of cooperative marketing projects. Aim to capture a greater share of the corporate systems market.
- NMS integrates Oracle server, Sun platform for HearSay solution. // RCR Wireless News;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p18
Reports on the integration of the wireless communication functionality of Oracle Corporation's Oracle9i application server and Sun Microsystems' Sparc Solaris platform into the Hearsay server from NMS Communications. Key features of Hearsay.
- Compaq, Oracle to provide joint technical support for customers they share. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;12/20/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 243, p14
Focuses on the agreement between Compaq Computer Corp. and Oracle Corp. to provide joint hardware and software service support for their common customers. Terms of the agreement; Benefits for its customers; Comment by Robert Fernander, vice president of enterprise marketing for Compaq's North...
- Compaq allies with Oracle for IS support. Francis, Bob; Ricciuti, Mike // InfoWorld;7/4/94, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p1
Reports on Compaq Computer Corp.'s strategic alliance with Oracle Corporation. Oracle to optimize its Oracle7 software for Compaq's line of servers; Products to be offered by the two companies; Agreement to follow the model established by Oracle and Digital.
- Compaq and Oracle will join forces on downsizing solutions. Francis, Bob // InfoWorld;7/25/94, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p10
Reports that Compaq Computer Corp. and Oracle Corp. announced a broad alliance. Compaq's consideration of similar deals with other database vendors; Compaq and Oracle's maximization of database server performance; Joint compatibility testing of new products; Coordination of customer service and...
- Compaq, Oracle to announce closer ties. // PC Week;1/11/93, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the plan of Compaq Computer Corp. and Oracle Corp. to announce efforts to jointly promote the deployment of Oracle databases on Compaq servers. Launching of a Transaction Processing Performance Council benchmark rating for the Systempro server running an Oracle database.