A Question Of Quality
- China inching closer to 3G licensing. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p6
This article reports on the plan of the Chinese government to grant third-generation licenses to operators after the Time Division-Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA) trial ends in February 2007. The TD-SCDMA trial was launched in September 2006 in Beijing and a few other places...
- Showtime for TD-SCDMA The clocking is ticking... Clark, Robert // Wireless Asia;Jul2002, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p12
Discusses the financial and marketing challenges of the time division synchronous code division multiple access (TD-SCDMA) project in China. Government-owned companies developing the project; Amount of funding needed to support TD-SCDMA; Technology strengths of TD-SCDMA.
- Advancing TD-SCDMA. Janson, Stephen // Global Telephony;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the demonstration of a time division synchronous code division multiple access (TD-SCDMA) air interface by the China Academy of Telecommunications Technology and Siemens Information & Communication Mobile Group. Details of the TD-SCDMA capacity; Description of how the technology worked.
- TD-SCDMA declared ready for action. Chau, Fiona // Telecom Asia;Jan2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
The article announces that TD-SCDMA, 3G standard, is available for commercial deployment in Beijing, China. Several companies including Datang Mobile Communications Equipment will be conducting trials in Hongkong while ZTE in Romania. Yang Hua, secretary general of TD Industry Alliance assigns...
- TD-SCDMA expected in 2004. // RCR Wireless News;1/6/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p12
Announces that China's Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access technology will not be available until 2004. Impact on the licenses to fixed-line telecommunications operators.
- VZW acquires Ramcell. // RCR Wireless News;8/13/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p13
The article reports on the purchase of the operating assets of Ramcell in Kentucky and Oregon by Verizon Wireless. Verizon Wireless plans to convert Ramcell's time division multiple access (TDMA) network in Kentucky to CDMA technology and will enhance the existing code division multiple access...
- HK ponders future of CDMA, TDMA networks. Chau, Fiona // Wireless Asia;11/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p6
Discusses the outlook for CDMA and TDMA networks in Hong Kong as of November 2003. Competition from the GSM technology; Release of a discussion paper of the reallocation plan of existing 2g spectrum; Costs of CDMA and TDMA.
- ZTE, Huawei, Lenovo monopolize China Mobile procurement of 10 million 3G handsets. // China Telecom;2011, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p5
The article reports that China-based ZTE, Huawei Device and Lenovo won China Mobile's 2011 procurement open bid to share the total supply volume of 10 million Time Division-Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access 3rd Generation (3G) handsets, with no international vendors winning supply contracts.
- CDMA: The Secret Of BAM's Success? Galatowitsch, Sheila // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p46
Deals with the implications of code division multiple access (CDMA) technology for the success of Bell Atlantic Mobile's (BAM) wireless business. Other factors which contributed to the success of BAM; Results of a 1999 network coverage survey from the Yankee Group; Comparison between CDMA and...