Wireless Used By Half Of Workers
- Digital Wireless Handsets To Hit 79% Share in 2000. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/26/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p34
Presents a forecast on digital wireless phone sales in the United States for the year 2000, according to a Cahners In-Stat research. Factors contributing to near-term growth of cellular phone sales; Strong demand for digital wireless handsets.
- How Steep Is Data Growth? Try A Hockey Stick Analogy. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/01/99, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p26
Presents forecasts on wireless data services of the United States (US). Forecast by Cahners In-Stat Group on the number of wireless data subscribers in the US by year 2003; Revenue of wireless data by 2003 according to Strategis Group; Impact of high costs and the lack of reliable connections...
- IN-STAT PREDICTS BLEAK SHORT-TERM PROSPECTS FOR 3G WIRELESS. // Tele-Service News;Jun2001, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p3
Presents the forecasts of Cahners In-Stat Group on the high-speed third generation (3G) wireless communication services in line with its report on 3G wireless communications technology.
- Phone Sales Spike. Young, Deborah // Wireless Review;11/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p9
Reports on the sales of handset phones after September 11, 2001 in the United States. Forecast of Cahners In-Stat for 2001; Factors attributed to the increase in sales of wireless service; Trends in emergency-use wireless communication system subscribers.
- Giving Wireless Data The Business. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;9/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p48
Discusses the research findings by Cahners In-Stat Group on the use of wireless devices in the United States (U.S.) as of September 10, 2001. Use of mobile Internet devices in the U.S. by the end of 2001; Categories of vertical applications gaining momentum; Use of wireless devices by U.S....
- Femtocells to Dominate Market for Indoor Cell Coverage. // Microwave Journal;May2009, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p149
The article reports on the projected dominance of femtocells for indoor cell coverage in the telecommunication market in 2013. According to research firm In-Stat Inc., femtocells will constitute 61 percent of small cellular base station revenue, since it is seen to provide effective indoor cell...
- After Sluggish Debut, WUSB Prospects Looking Up. // Portable Design;Sep2008, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p15
The article offers information on the foreseen growth of demands for wireless USB (WUSB) in the communications industry in the U.S. Though currently hampered by the underlying high price of UWB silicon, In-Stat Inc. expects the increase of shipments for WUSB due to the substantial fall of...
- Bluetooth's Growth Beginning to Reach Maturity. // Portable Design;Sep2008, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p15
The article focuses on the research finding on the flow of economic growth for bluetooth in the U.S. market. In-Stat Inc. discloses that the economic behavior for bluetooth begins to reach maturity, considering that its growth rates did not match it previous rates. In-Stat further regards on the...
- DSL deployment lags? // Inter@ctive Week;05/17/99, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p33
Cites a study conducted by Cahners In-Stat Group on the projected increase of Digital Subscriber Line users in the United States in the year 2000.