FCC Delays 3G Verdict
- WCA applauds 2.5 GHz ruling. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p18
The article reports that the 2.5 gigaherz (GHz) band has been fully licensed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Based on the article, the license will help promote the deployment of high-speed Internet services in the 2.5 GHz band. Andrew Kreig, president of the Wireless...
- Industry Faces Climb To Rooftops. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p1
Deals with the opposition of various industrial sectors in the United States (US) on the telecommunication regulatory initiatives of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Details on the comments and letters received by the FCC.
- FCC clears way for SDR. Britt, Phillip J. // Telephony;12/18/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p26
Announces that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has approved rules to facilitate the authorization and use of software-defined radio (SDR) technology. Implication of the SDR technology for wireless users; Recommendations of FCC regarding the technology.
- Briefly. // Telephony;01/22/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 4, p20
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission's reauction of wireless spectrum is set to conclude in January 2001. Total amount of bids made by Verizon Wireless.
- New FCC rules will double 2.4 GHz data rates. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p30
Focuses on the proposed rules of the United States Federal Communications Commission regarding frequency hopping spread spectrum systems operating in the 2.4 GHz band. Expected impact of the move on the 2.4 GHz wireless networking technology, 802.11b; Effect on the rival networking standards,...
- Tipping the FCC's Cap. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p38
Focuses on the capacity policy issued by the Federal Communications Commission on multiple systems operators in the United States. Limitations on operators owning 45 and 55 megahertz; Reasons for the establishment of the capacity policy; Advantages of competition in the wireless communication...
- NEWS. // Wireless Week;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p4
Presents news briefs on the rules made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on wireless communication systems and the wireless telecommunication industry as of May 20, 2002. Fines imposed by the FCC on AT & T Wireless; Vote by the FCC on what kind of equipment can be used to...
- Will Congress Have to Pick Up FCC Slack? // Wireless Review;02/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p12
Uncovers the role of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the discussion of wireless issues. Comments from Steve Berry, senior vice president of CTIA; Concern on antenna siting; Issue on the federal excise tax.
- Private wireless asks to revise trunking rules. // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p22
Reports on the request of the private wireless telecommunication industry to the United States Federal Communications Commission to revise the latter's procedure for classifying systems with trunked operations.