- Funky Inc. Nordstrom, Kjell A.; Ridderstrale, Jonas // Across the Board;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p9
Presents information on Funky Inc. Overview of the organizational changes at the company; Description of the company.
- Motion picture brightens. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;12/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p47
The article presents an outlook for the recliners and motion furniture industry in 2005. Although 2004 was not a year of stellar furniture sales, many are convinced that 2005 will be better. No one is predicting the breakout year that some thought would occur in 2004, but executives see many...
- On the square. // Display & Design Ideas;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p81
This article presents information on a chair, designed by Fabien Baron.
- Murph mementoes not taking back seat in sales. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;1/27/97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p10
Reports that two San Diego City Stores at City Hall and Seaport Village are reaping profits from the controversial Jack Murphy Stadium expansion project. How the sale of ripped-out seats from the stadium is profiting the two stores; Comments from store manager Bob Hood.
- WHAT'S HOT: 'ROCK'ING CHAIRS. Duff, Mike // Retailing Today;8/7/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p23
The article reports on the availability of chairs with built-in the sound systems at Targets in the U.S. Ace Bayou, a designer and manufacturer of sound furniture partnered with Target to roll out its X Rocker II and V Rocker media chairs with built-in, high-quality sound systems priced at $99...
- Fresh colors add zest to recliners. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;1/17/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p12
The article informs that the furniture designers are keeping abreast of the latest lifestyle trends have never paid much attention to recliners. About all they've needed to do is see which shade of brown is the season's hottest color. But when those design hotshots weren't looking, some of those...
- Furniture retailing action is everywhere. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;5/9/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p35
The article reports that the retail arena for selling furniture keeps getting bigger. Home Depot Inc. has launched a catalog and Internet-only offering that dramatically expands on its in-store mix. Its catalog has a full page of leather furniture, with a recliner or chair/ottoman, each for...
- Charley Chair offers 'correct sit,' consignment flexibility. Ingram, Cinde W. // Casual Living;Feb2009, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses how Karen McKinnon designed her Charley Chair. The wooden chair has a curved asymmetrical back and a skirt with wave design. McKinnon said that her concept had always been an outdoor chair and named the Charley Chair after her husband, Charley Ward. She offers the Charley...
- Objects of Desire. // InStyle;Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p478
The article provides information regarding a variety of products, including nesting olive-wood bowls, art glasses and chairs.