- OUTSOURCING: A POPULAR CHOICE FOR TODAY'S MANUFACTURERS. // Wood & Wood Products;Jun2003, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p19
Discusses the outsourcing programs of two U.S. furniture manufacturers. Advantages of outsourcing wood components; Flagship products of Hitchcock Chair Co. of New Hartford, Connecticut and Chromcraft Furniture of Senatobia, Mississippi. INSETS: On-Time Delivery a Key;WCMA's Member Match...
- Korson to sell Stein World in Canada. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;11/5/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the partnership between Stein World and Korson Furniture Imports in Ontario. Agreement of Korson to distribute Stein World products; Reputation of Korson across Canada; Products offered by Stein World.
- Order bonanza worth _GCP_1m. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;11/26/99, Issue 5165, p5
Reports that Kingsley-Cooke has landed four major contracts at the Workplace '99 exhibition of furniture items.
- Multiyork signs concession contract with And So to Bed. // Cabinet Maker;11/30/2001, Issue 5265, p2
Reports the agreement between the Multiyork Furniture Company and bed retailer So to Bed Comp. in Great Britain. Concession contract of bed by the upholstery retailers; Features of the products; Location of the concessions; Number of concessions.
- Italian Leather Seating signs Vegas lease. // Furniture/Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p44
Reports that Italian Leather Seating has signed a lease agreement to show in the World Market Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Schedule of the shows.
- Terms of entanglement. Morgan, Michael // Cabinet Maker;10/4/2002, Issue 5307, p7
Focuses on basics of contract law and the need for retailers and furniture suppliers to familiarize themselves with it. Inclusion of all terms and conditions in written form in the contract form of a company; Suggestions regarding the format of a contract form; Need for the fairness of the...
- The OFT should stop wasting its time. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/14/2000, Issue 5183, p7
Explains the importance of exclusivity contracts in the furniture trade.
- Dear Dids... // Cabinet Maker;6/4/2010, Issue 5690, p30
The article presents the author's suggestions to various problems associated with companies in Great Britain. She mentions that a written agreement that sets out clearly the terms of payment, delivery, and design approval is important when working with a foreign manufacturer. She cites that a...
- Vegas still growing. // Cabinet Maker;6/16/2006, Issue 5492, p8
The article reports on the approval of plans to construct the third extension of the World Market Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The home furnishings building will become the largest trade complex in the world when completed by year 2008. The approved plan includes the construction of a 16-storey...