Dock of the Bay
- BOAT BUYER'S CHEAT SHEET. // Boating;Jan2005, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p135
Provides information regarding the important features of boats for sale in the U.S. Main structure; Safety features/appliances; Powerstrain operations.
- Kids on the High Seas. Martin, Dave; Martin, Jaja // Click;Mar2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p28
The article offers information on a family who lives on a sailboat. Chris, Holly and Teiga with their parents sail all over the world. One summer they sail from the U.S. to Iceland which lasts for 23 days. Although that is a long time to spend on a small boat at sea, the children are never...
- Musings from a Boat Princess. Davidson, Ann // Pacific Yachting;Apr2011, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p22
The article offers the author's reflection on the experiences she had, along with her family, with their boats, a 26-foot Reinell sailboat and a 39-foot O'Day sloop. The author narrates her bad experience with her Reinell sailboat wherein an incident set the boat on fire. She also discusses the...
- Where The Heart Is. Garrison, Graham // Boating World;Jun2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p106
Presents information on houseboats. Equipment and devices that can be found in a houseboat; Hybrid designs of houseboats; Range of prices.
- A Home I Have Loved. Chaplain, Emma // Teen Ink;Nov2004, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p09
The article discusses the author's experience of living in a boat. She states that life aboard a boat is organized and measured by the seasons. She relates that the wooden decks of the boat need to be sealed since they always leak during autumn. She cites that the spring is led in by the...
- Life on the Water. Landrum, Ellen // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov2005, Issue 212, p106
Presents the author's account of her experiences of sailboat living with her husband. Description of the sailboat of the couple; Preparations undertaken for their journey from Boston, Massachusetts to the Florida Keys; Boat gear and equipment prepared for the travel.
- Got Ice? Kratz, Sharon // Indianapolis Monthly;Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p40
Focuses on author's life and experiences in her sailboat, Rose of Sharon, in the Gulf Coast of Texas. Change in the author's relationships; Realization of the changes with the visit of a friend; Author's step-mother and daughter's view of their stay in the boat; Transformation in to a...
- Wonders of a slow-motion adventure. Paulson, Amanda // Christian Science Monitor;7/24/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 169, p18
Recounts the author's experience while traveling across the Atlantic Ocean in a sailboat.
- THE ETERNAL two-year PLAN. LITZOW, MIKE // Cruising World;Feb2016, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p32
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience on living on the boat with his family, citing the two-year plans of sailing Australia, Patagonia and going back to their homeland, Alaska, by summer of 2017.