- Indian Aerie. Mathews, Neelam // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/5/2007, Vol. 166 Issue 6, p98
The article reports on the potential of BAE Systems to fulfill a requirement for the Indian Navy, which needs various carrier-capable aircraft to support pilot training for its incoming MiG-29K fleet. The navy expects to receive the Russian carrier Admiral Gorshkov in 2008 with a number of...
- Luftwaffe MiG pilots effective with Archer. Hughes, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/16/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 16, p39
Reports on the results of the flight exercises between Luftwaffe MiG-29s and US Air Force F-16s. Pilots of the Luftwaffe that fired the first shot using a captive-carry AA-11 Archer missile and a Russian helmet-mounted sight; Comparison of the MiG-29 with an F-16; Advantages of the...
- MiGs over Alaska. Burgess III, William H. // Military Intelligence;Jan-Mar90, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p26
Describes the MiG-29A and MiG-29-B Russian-made fighter planes that landed to refuel in Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska. Planes' seating capacities; Ejection seat system; Simplicity and ruggedness of design.
- MiG-MAPO avionics upgrades aimed at export customers. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/8/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 23, p35
Reports on the MiG-MAPO test-flight of an improved attack version of the MiG-29 that includes an open-architecture avionics suite. The ability of the suite to allow easier switching from air-to-air to air-to-surface weapons of either Russian or foreign manufacture.
- Russian MIG-29s collide at British air show. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/2/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the collision of two Mikoyan MiG-29 fighters while flying formation aerobatics during the International Air Tattoo 93 at RAF Fairford. Safe ejection of the pilots; Investigation into the accident by the Royal Air Force.
- A MiG-29 `Sniper' demonstrator... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/15/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 20, p20
Focuses on the demonstration flight of the MiG-29 jet fighter plane in Bacau, Romania on May 5, 2000. Evaluation of the test flight.
- MiG-29 SNIPER DEMONSTRATOR MAKES MAIDEN FLIGHT. // Interavia Business & Technology;May2000, Vol. 55 Issue 642, p13
Features the upgraded MiG-29 Sniper demonstrator fighter plane which recently completed its maiden flight. Electronic equipment; Companies involved in the aircraft's upgrade.
- Russia Joins Ukrainian MiG-29 Upgrade Program. Rivers, Brendan P. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p20
Reports the agreement between Russian and Israel industries to upgrade the Ukrainian MiG-29 fighters. Efforts of the Ukraine government in seeking contractor to modernize the MiG-29 fighters; Features of MiG-29 fighters.
- Russia completes MiG-29 export deal. Rybak, Boris // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/8/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 6, p28
Reports that Russia had completed terms for the sale of 18 Mikoyan MiG-29s to Malaysia in a transaction considered crucial for Russian military hardware manufacturers. Impact of the disorganization within Russian government and industry; Fighter plane builder Dementiev Moscow Aircraft...