Above Icy Waters
- WHERE'S YOUR BIRD GOING? // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2007, Issue 655, p35
The article offers tips on how to maintain a military helicopter.
- Seal leaking cells. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jul96, Issue 524, p38
Focuses on the repair and maintenance of the fuel cells of the Cobra helicopter AH-1. Items; Corrosion; Leaks; Seals.
- CH-47D... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May98, Issue 546, p43
Illustrates a technique on how to mount an auxiliary fuel boost pump in a forward fuel tank CH-47D helicopter. Danger of a poorly aligned boost pump.
- BLACK HAWK UPGRADE SCHEDULED. // Army Logistician;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p46
Reports the upgrade of a fleet of Hawk helicopters in the United States. Effect of modernization on the UH-60A; Installation of upgraded engines and gearboxes in the UH-60M; Information on the rate of the initial production.
- FAA orders Agusta rotor blade checks. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/6/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 19, p34
Reports that the Federal Aviation Administration has ordered Agusta 109A and A109A Mk.2 operators to inspect their helicopters' main rotor blades after investigators found a fatigue crack in one of the four blades from an A109A that crashed near Atlantic City, New Jersey, on October 10.
- Glow-in-the-dark engine? // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p28
Reports on the discovery of two mistakes in the maintenance of a US Air Force helicopter. Sparks from the exhaust of the engine; Improperly set compressor clearance.
- Torque values aren't based on brute strength. // Flying Safety;Oct95, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p29
Looks at an incident involving a helicopter and crew in the Air Force. Maintenance findings.
- Cold-start fly-off. Redling, Lt. F.E. // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on Lieutenant F.E. Redling's comments on why a mechanic and a metalsmith had installed a bolt that was to long into a helicopter which made the cockpit hot. Questions asked.
- AH-64A avionics... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Mar98, Issue 544, p49
Responds to a `Preventive Maintenance Monthly' magazine reader's question on how to keep water out of the processor of the AN/APR-39 radar signal detecting set of an AH-64A helicopter. Location of the processor; Transfer of the processor to inside the aircraft's tail.