One million tiny plays about work
- Raise a no-sew shade. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jul98, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on how to create your own no-sew shade for the window by using a roller-shade kit. What should be done before selecting the fabric; How to determine fabric yardage; How to test the fusing material.
- A feeling for shutters. Hardie, Dee // House Beautiful;Nov94, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p162
Focuses on the author's attraction to inside shutters. Beginning of a love for inside shutters in Paris, France; Romantic quality of inside shutters; Collection of inside shutters from antiques shops and auctions.
- TIMBER VENETIAN AND SHUTTER SYSTEMS. // Interior Fitout;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p33
The article reports on the creation of timber venetian and shutter systems by Montage Group Ltd.
- Uncovering the possibilities. Monroe, Linda K. // Buildings;May98, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on the specifications for the right window coverings for a commercial project. Why the window coverings were overlooked; Comments from James Bennett, vice president, commercial window treatments at Hunter Douglas Incorporated; List of applicable hard-window treatments; Performance...
- Smarter Shades. Harary, Joseph M. // Buildings;Nov99, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p34
Discusses the use of the window shade technology called suspended particle device (SPD) in buildings in the United States. Cost effectiveness of the SPD; How the SPD window functions; Other types of window technologies.
- Curtains/blinds. // Home Furnishings;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p45
Provides retail information on a wide assortment of curtains and blinds than can be purchased in England. Description and features for curtains and blinds from The Four Poster, Hamilton McBride, Leemark Elenka, Curtain and other leading manufacturers.
- Sliding shade. Bowling, Mary Jo // Sunset;Oct2002, Vol. 208 Issue 10, p126
Features the window shade designed by architect Nestor Matthews in San Francisco, California. Sliding mechanism of the shade; Applications of the window shade on small home offices; Web site of the Matthews studio.
- Protective Coverings. Jernigan, Sarah // Southern Living;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p16SLS
Details the design of the master bedroom at Margaret and Eddie Buck's home in South Carolina. Window treatments; Draperies for the windows; Comments from Margaret.
- Shade magic. Bertelsen, Ann // Sunset;May99, Vol. 202 Issue 5, p136
Provides tips on how to turn a plain roller blind into an eye-catching window shade. Use of basic geometric shapes; Highlighting of areas of the shade with a light color wash; Materials needed.