Research topic: management and profitability
- Managing Financial Planning Practices. Mathers, Robert; Goodman, Michael // CPA Wealth Provider;Jul2007, p27
The article focuses on the top three challenges that managers and executives have to address for the company's profitability and growth. It enumerates the three challenges include staffing, compensating and profitability. In addition, staffing or recruiting should bring the best talent for the...
- What drives the skills gap? Fenn, Donna // Inc.;May96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p111
Surveys 300 executives about issues related to basic employee skills and company training programs. Majority of respondents indicating that lack of skills has resulted in increased costs; Many companies, though aware of the skills gap, actually scaling back training programs; What's driving the...
- REALLY IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW. Faircloth, Anne // Fortune;1/15/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p36
Offers advice on eight learnable skills which can help advance a career. Finance; Accounting; Computers; Marketing; Communications; Outsourcing; Team building; Diversity.
- Even the Best Need Training. Gelinas, Tom // Fleet Equipment;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1/2, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the need for training in appointing employees for managerial positions in the U.S. Implication of having sufficient training on the management skill of an individual; Availability of online training for managerial positions; Effectiveness of online courses.
- WORKPLACE RIGHTS: TRAINING TIME. Burd, Michael; Davies, James // Management Today;Feb2010, p17
The article focuses on the plan to implement a law that will allow employees to undergo training for skills development in 2011 in Great Britain.
- Movable assets. Arkin, Anat // People Management;9/25/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p36
Explores the benefits of the British government's Investors in Peoples' management framework to Institute of Personnel (IPD) & Development and its employees. IPD's organizational objectives; Strategies developed to improve training of employees; Impact of employee training and development on an...
- IIP ADDS MANAGEMENT MODEL. Carrington, Lucie // Training Magazine;Mar2003, p5
Presents information on the Leadership and Management Model launched by Investors in People UK in Great Britain as of March 2003, to support its core people development standard. Concept of the management model; Principles governing the core standard; Utilization of the model by the Skipton...
- I was wrong: it's not just a question of semantics. Bellinger, Alan // IT Training;Nov2003, p6
No abstract available.
- Employers await skills strategy. Willmott, Ben; Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;7/8/2003, p8
The government's skills strategy is due to be published in Great Britain. It might contain a raft of proposals aimed at meeting skills shortages through improved links between business and education and training providers. The strategy likely to be unveiled by the British Secretary of State for...