- Gateway to the Games. Smulian, Mark // Contract Journal;11/16/2005, Vol. 430 Issue 6551, p24
Focuses on the impact of the selection of London, England as the venue for the 2012 Olympics on regeneration projects launched for the Thames Gateway. Challenges that will be faced by the construction industry in completing the projects; Benefits of the Olympic projects that will be launched in...
- CÃ³mo transformar la prevenciÃ³n tradicional en cultura preventiva. // GestiÃ³n PrÃ¡ctica de Riesgos Laborales;feb2014, Issue 112, p30
No abstract available.
- EXPERT VIEW SANDRA LILLEY, NETWORK MANAGER, CONSTRUCTIONSKILLS. // Contract Journal;5/7/2008, Vol. 443 Issue 6674, p14
The article reports on the findings of the annual ConstructionSkills Network (CSN) report focusing on construction activity between 2008 and 2012. The report revealed that construction growth will peak in 2011 as the industry rushes to complete new-build and infrastructure programmes before the...
- GREAT TIME TO JOIN HOSPITALITY. Webster, Jenny // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;Jan2006 Careers Supplement, p3
The article comments on the role of the hospitality industry in the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England. It outlines several working opportunities to be created by the event in hotels, food service and ski resorts. It offers tips on how to be selected for the job.
- Games set to boost job market. // Building Design;3/23/2012, Issue 2006, p7
The article reports on an employment outlook survey by Manpower in 2012, which suggests that the 2012 London Olympics could lead to an economic recovery in Great Britain and the jobs market in the country has already returned to positive territory.
- Delivering London 2012's job legacy. COTTELL, COLIN; DOKE, DEEDEE // Recruiter;Jul2012, p24
The article discusses the employment legacy that will be brought by the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England. It provides insights from several economists regarding the important role played by the event in attracting several investments, which could result to several employment opportunities...
- JOBS 'TOP PRIORITY' FOR MAYOR. // Recruiter;Jul2012, p31
The article reports on the efforts of Mayor Boris Johnson to prioritize jobs and employment as one of the lasting legacy of the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England.
- Afraid to ask? // Estates Gazette;7/9/2005, Issue 527, p58
Presents information on several issues related to Great Britain in July 2005. Selection of London, England as the site for the 2012 Olympic Games; Impact of the victory on the businesses around Stratford, England; Succession of British Prime Minister Tony Blair for the presidency of the...
- Church Notes Monday 6th June 2011. // Catholic New Times;6/6/2011, p30
This section offers Catholic Church news briefs as of June 6, 2011. Participants at the 2011 annual meeting of European faith leaders with the Presidents of the European Union (EU) Institutions pledge support for Arab Spring to establish peace, democracy and prosperity. A full-size Noah's Ark...