Award proves the power of National Grid diversity scheme
- Explosive potential. Sampson, Ben // Professional Engineering;9/23/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p35
The article reports on the effort of National Grid Co. PLC to ensure the existence of a safety culture throughout the organization in Great Britain. It states that the dispersed nature of its 27,000-strong workforce is one of the most challenging aspects of its safety drive. According to Jeremy...
- Room at the top? Grainge, Zoë // Utility Week;3/30/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p26
The article focuses on the programs launched by British public utilities to promote women to executive positions. It cites the implications of the decreased number of women executives employed at public utilities. It details the findings of research that aims to identify the cultures that are...
- Board stupid. Oxtoby, Kathy // Utility Week;3/09/2012, p15
The article focuses on the boardroom which is still male-dominated. The Women on Boards report is presented to inform that women make up only 12.5 percent of corporate boards of FTSE 100 companies. The industry is described to lack flexibility around work-life balance and lack networking...
- Two utilities in top 50 women's workplaces. Grainge, Zoë // Utility Week;10/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p32
The article reports that National Grid and RWE Npower have been listed among The Top 50 Places Where Women Want to Work, organised by the career development website Aurora and The Times newspaper. The list is designed to promote progressive company culture in attracting and retaining female...
- National Grid plans smart grid in Syracuse. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/22/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p2
The article reports on the plan of National Grid Co. PLC to establish a smart grid project to more than 39,000 homes in Syracuse, New York.
- Rolls on a roll. // Professional Engineering;06/11/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p7
Reports that National Grid Co. has given supplies contracts to companies affiliated with Rolls-Royce Motors.
- National Grid moves towards expansion into the US. // Professional Engineering;09/02/98, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p11
States that the National Grid Company is closer to its completion of plans to expand in the United States, with its signing to a confidentiality agreement with a US company. Speculations that the agreement could lead to takeover or a merger; Identification of other companies who have an interest...
- Metering and data collection system on-line at SELCHP. // Modern Power Systems;Apr94, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p78
Reports on National Grid Co. metering unit Datum Solutions' installation of a metering and data collection system which provides updated information at the SELCHP waste to energy plant in Deptford in London, England. Features of the metering system; Use for energy settlements; Use of the...
- Untitled. // Utility Week;11/14/2014, p5
The article presents a map showing the areas of natural beauty in England and Wales shortlisted by National Grid Co. PLC which include New Forest National Park, Snowdonia National Park, and Peak District National Park.