- Angola and Portugal reverse roles. // African Business;Feb2013, Issue 394, p12
The article reports that Angola is attracting skilled residents of Portuguese for employment in order to satisfy the austerity measures of the European Union (EU) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Second thoughts on transfers. Cirell, Stephen; Bennett, John // Public Finance;12/07/2001, p27
Focuses on the nature of the outsourcing services in employment areas. Capacity to change the strategic partnerships marketplace; Application of Tupe; Usability of secondments.
- Backlash or PR Fiasco? Sachar, Harvi // Siliconindia;Oct2003, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p10
Shares an author's view on the trend of employment in the U.S. Movement of technical jobs to India; Relation of labor cost to the trend; Advantages of strategic outsourcing to the economies for both the U.S. and India.
- How to Gain Ground. Simonsis, Yolanda // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;Feb2005, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p6
Comments on the response of the reader to outsourcing of the American business in China. Need for evolving global business; Decline of employment opportunities; Recognition of additional revenue source; Comprehension of the machinations at work in the industry.
- Economist Article Shows Outsourcing's Bright Side. // OfficePro;Mar2005, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on an article from the magazine "The Economist" about the benefits of outsourcing. Countries that emerged as important manufacturing hubs for manufacturing products consumed in the U.S., Japan and Europe; Percentage of the low-cost offshore market for white-collar work accounted for by...
- The Nature of the Small Firm: Understanding the Motivations of Growth and Non-Growth Oriented Owners (Book). Holmes, Scott; Zimmer, Ian // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Jun94, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p97
Discusses the nature of small business. Fundamental characteristics of growth compared to non-growth firms; Motivations of small firm owners; Use of success factors; Attitudes to contracting; Employment of labor.
- Surge back into Serps is forecast as rebates plunge. Stevenson, Rachel // Money Marketing;2/7/2002, p2
Reports on the prediction that contracting-out rebates in Great Britain will fall short of the value of staying in Serps, as of February 2002. Impact of the forecast on employment; Recommendations issued by industry figures to the government; Preventive action taken by independent financial...
- WE'RE ON THE JOB. // New Zealand Management;May2004, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p7
Presents statistical data related to job employment rate in New Zealand, the Netherlands and the U.S. Number of U.S. jobs expected to move offshore; Number of people employed in the U.S.; Comparison of the employment rate between the Netherlands and U.S.; Percentage of the working-age...
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Romania Country Monitor;Nov2011, p17
The article focuses on the outlook for the fiscal and economic policy in Romania. It says that the government is planning to reduce the state budget deficit to meet the Maastricht criterion by 2012. It adds that approximately one-third of all employment in Romania was accounted by the public...