- An evolving time. Prasad, Gagandeep; Buckley, Caroline // Employers Law;Apr2009, p20
The article deals with some rulings in disability discrimination cases in Great Britain and their impact on labor policies. The two decisions in 2008 on aspects of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA) that cover associative disability discrimination include a change to the comparator...
- Duty to make reasonable adjustments can apply after termination. O'Neil, Tori; Harris, Judith // Employers Law;Feb2011, p7
The article discusses the court case Hinsley v. Chief Constable of West Mercia Constabulary, wherein the plaintiff filed a claim under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1995 against West Mercia for breach of duty to make reasonable adjustments when it failed to reinstate her after she was...
- Civil service HR staff face tough times. // Personnel Today;1/30/2007, p4
The article informs that members of the Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS) across Great Britain are set to strike over job security, pay and privatization on January 31, 2007. The action stems from the dissatisfaction civil servants feel about the 2004 Spending Review conducted by the...
- IN BRIEF. // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2009, p8
This section offers news briefs on labor cases in Great Britain. The Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) has upheld a ruling that allows a disability discrimination claim brought outside the three-month time limit. In another case, the EAT ruled that a tribunal could use its discretion to extend...
- Deloitte, PWC and Shell to offer enhanced paternity packages. Calnan, Marianne // Employee Benefits;11/19/2014, p1
The article focuses on the changed paternity packages introduced by various professional services providers including Deloitte and Touche LLP, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) LLP and Shell Asset Management Co. under the new shared parental leave legislation which will become effective from April...
- Jeremy Davies: Employers must prepare for shared parental leave requests. Davies, Jeremy // Employee Benefits;5/14/2015, p1
The article presents the author's views on the new rules for the shared parental leave (SPL) in Great Britain. Topics discussed includes guidance issued by the arbitration services provider Acas on the responsibilities of employers, implementation of SPL by professional services provider...
- Calling on America. // Education & Treatment of Children (ETC);Nov91, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p375
Focuses on the Calling on America campaign to stop discrimination against people with disabilities. Features of the campaign; Recommended actions for people wishing to join the campaign; Contact information.
- Disability rights shake-up. // People Management;3/19/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p13
Reports that the British National Disability Council will be responsible for advising the government on all aspects of discrimination.
- The impact of disability. Exten-Wright, Jonathan; Matthewsa, Paul // Cabinet Maker;1/5/2007, Issue 5519, p15
The article offers instructions to employers in Great Britain on how to avoid being made liable for discrimination against a disabled employee which can lead to unlimited awards of compensation. INSET: Liability matters.