Banks Shop $940M TL for TransUnion LBO
- BWAY's $490M TL Hits Loan Market. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;5/17/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p11
The article reports that a bank consortium is marketing a term loan of 490 million U.S. dollars at Libor plus 375 basis points (bps), which will be used by BWAY Corp. for the acquisition of Madison Dearborn Partners.
- Investors Keen on Regal, BWAY Deals. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;5/17/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p19
The article reports on the warm reception of investors to the term loans offered by Regal Cinemas and BWAY Corp. for 1.25 billion and 490 million U.S. dollars, respectively. Pricing set by the bank consortium for Regal's term loan is at Libor plus 350 basis points (bps) with option to increase...
- Investors Flex Muscles to Win Sweeter Deals. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;6/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p14
The article discusses the moves by banks that are intended to attract investors in the bond market in 2010. According to Thomson Reuters, banks have issued around 10 billion U.S. dollars in loans in the past few weeks, the highest volume on the loan market since the third quarter of 2007. It...
- Chicago equity firm to acquire stake in Carrols. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/31/97, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p2
Reports that Madison Dearborn Capital Partners has agreed to acquire a stake in Carrols Holdings Corp. through a cash and stock transaction. Involvement of Atlantic Restaurants Inc. in stake acquisition; Acquisition of Burger King units in different locations.
- Paper push. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;02/01/99, Vol. 4 Issue 38, p1
Reports that Tenneco Inc. will sell a majority stake of its containerboard business in a deal with Madison Dearborn Partners Inc. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the acquisition of the stake; Nature of business of the two companies.
- John Canning Jr. Sparks, Debra // Financial World;10/21/96, Vol. 165 Issue 13, p66
Profiles John Canning Jr., president of Madison Dearborn Partners Inc. and one of the top earners listed in `Financial World' periodical's 1995 Wall Street 100 compensation report. Investment strategies; Sponsorship of the education of several children.
- Firm's $2-bil. buyout fund sets record. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/23/98, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p1
Announces Chicago, Illinois-based Madison Dearborn Partners Inc.'s plan to launch a $2 billion private equity fund. Significance of the move for the private equity funds market; Impetus for the company's fund launch; Downsides for fund managers; Range of holdings under Madison Dearborn.
- Walgreens inks deal on infusion services. // Chain Drug Review;2/2/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p3
The article reports that Walgreen Co., the largest drug retailing chain in the U.S., signed an agreement with Madison Dearborn Partners LLC (MDP), a private equity firm based in Chicago, under which MDP will acquire a majority interest in Walgreens Infusion Services
- Alcatel-Lucent Completes Sale of LGS Innovations. // Telecom Mergers & Acquisitions;May2014, p14
The article reports on the completion of the sale of secure network and other telecommunications solutions provider LGS Innovations LLC, a subsidiary of Alcatel-Lucent, to a U.S.-based company owned by a Madison Dearborn Partners LLC-led investor group including CoVant.