DriveTime Prices Downsized HY Deal
- Ugly Duckling mulls spin-offs. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;12/8/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5743, p2
Announces that the board of directors at Ugly Duckling Corp. has authorized the used-car dealership and finance company to consider spinning off its two automobile finance units. Comments; Number of used-car stores owned by Ugly Duckling Corp.
- Ugly Duckling splits, hatches Cygnet Financial. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;5/4/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5764, p45
Reports that the board of directors at Ugly Duckling Corporation made the decision to divide the company into two public firms. Formation of Cygnet Financial Corporation; Continued service which will be provided by Ugly Duckling; Service to be provided by Cygnet; Comments from Ernest Garcia II,...
- Chairman Garcia: Gimme All of Ugly. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;09/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the plan of Ugly Duckling Corp. chairman Ernest Garcia to purchase a majority stake in the company if he secures financing.
- Loss, sales plan hit subprime lenders. Timmons, Heather // American Banker;12/11/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 237, p30
Focuses on the losses and sales in the auto lending sector, with reference to Mercury Finance Company and the Ugly Duckling company. Details on Mercury's net loss of $27.6 million for the quarter ended September, 20, 1997; Reference to the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997; Information on the...
- Older used cars feather firm's nest. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;6/2/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5715, p16
Reports on the profitability of the business operations of used car dealer Ugly Duckling Corp. based in Phoenix, Arizona. Primary businesses; Financial performance in 1996; Expansion pace.
- Deal bolsters growth plans for Ugly Duckling. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;10/6/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5733, p18
Focuses on Ugly Duckling Corp., a Phoenix, Arizona used car dealer. Brief financial data on the company's revenues; Plans for expansion with used car lot acquisitions and a loan service from Kars Yes Holdings Inc.
- Duckling Works Subprime Niche. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;08/07/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the growth in the business of Ugly Duckling Corp. Statement issued by Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Steve Darak; Background on the business of the company; Deal structure of the company.
- Ugly earnings. // Automotive News;2/22/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5807, p28
Reports on the financial performance of used car sales and finance chain Ugly Ducking Corp. for 1998.
- Junk Bond Time for DriveTime. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p15
The article reports on the plan of used car retailer DriveTime Automotive Group to sell junk bonds by the end of May 2010 to help find a debt refinancing effort.