World's Problems Stall High Yield Market
- Behind the Numbers with Jeffrey Kleintop. // Investment Advisor;May2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p26
The article presents an analysis on trading volumes in the U.S., which highlights the need to consider its rebound with the return of volatility than a further steady gains.
- Investors Unafraid of Second-Lien Revival. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;11/1/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p1
The article reports on the confidence of investors in dealing with the revival of second-lien high yield bond issuance in 2010 in the U.S. Accordingly, investors have learned from their mistakes in 2007 and asserts that the second-lien high yield bond market in 2010 is not as risky as before. It...
- Piecing Together the Leverage Puzzle. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/14/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p5
This article explores the performance of the high yield market in the U.S. in 2009. It observes that the market slowed toward the end of August, but was able to recover in September. It attributes the recovery to record inflows of high yield bond funds. It also discusses the issuance of bonds by...
- MOST RECENT COMPLETED HIGH YIELD DEALS. // Leveraged Finance News;2/17/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p9
A chart is presented depicting data on completed high yield deals issued in the U.S. from February 4-12, 2014 from various companies including CIT Group Inc., Griffon Corp., and Ineos Group Ag.
- TOB or Not To Be: Time for a Comeback? McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/20/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33302, p1
The article focuses on the aspect of the tender-operation bond (TOB) program, a financing mechanism that allows investors to borrow at short-term rates and invest in higher-yielding bonds in the U.S. It says that the municipal market dynamics are so favorable that investors involved in TOB...
- MOST RECENT COMPLETED HIGH YIELD DEALS. // Leveraged Finance News;6/2/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p9
A chart is presented depicting the completed high yield deals by various issuers in the U.S. from May 20-28, 2014 including Audatex North America Inc., Logan Property Holdings Co. Ltd., and Smurfit Kappa Acquisitions.
- HIGH YIELD SECONDARY GAINERS & LOSERS. // Leveraged Finance News;6/2/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p10
A chart is presented depicting the top gainers and losers in high yield secondary deals in the U.S. as of May 29, 2014 including Caesars Entertainment Operating Co., Aurora Diagnostics Inc., and Alion Science and Technology Corp.
- HY Primary: I'm Back in Black. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/8/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p11
The article focuses on the revival of the high yield primary market of the U.S. Martin Teevan of Cantor Fitzgerald affirmed that the market's need for risk has grown and there are new inflows, coupon income and maturities available. More than 9.75 billion U.S. dollars in new bonds were priced...
- Three Cos to Price $1.26B in Junk Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/18/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the launch of high yield (HY) bond issues by several companies as of January 18, 2010. London, England-based Virgin Media Finance priced 500 million British pounds in senior secured notes due 2018, the proceeds of which will be used to repay some of its outstanding senior...