Banks Prep $1.2B in Debt for Health-Care Deal
- Gentiva, Venal ore Loans Hit Market This Week. R. K. // Bank Loan Report;7/5/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the launch of the term loans for Gentiva Health Services Inc. and Vertafore Inc. on the first week of July 2010 in the U.S. It mentions that the 600 million dollars term loan for Gentiva will be marketed by a bank consortium and the proceeds will be used to purchase...
- Gentiva Agrees to Pay $1 Billion to Acquire Odyssey. // Chain Drug Review;6/7/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p212
The article reports on the plan of Gentiva Health Services Inc. to purchase Odyssey HealthCare Inc. worth one billion dollars to become the country's largest provider of home health and hospice services in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Major merger a catalyst? // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jul2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the plan of Gentiva Health Services Inc., a home health care provider, to purchase Odyssey Healthcare Inc., a hospice provider, for 1 billion dollars in the U.S.
- Gentiva Sells $325M in Junk Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/16/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p26
The article reports that home health and hospice service provider Gentiva Health Services has issued 11.5 percent senior notes worth 325 million U.S. dollars whose proceeds will be used to finance its one billion U.S. dollar acquisition of Odyssey HealthCare.
- Hospice hot spot. Zigmond, Jessica // Modern Healthcare;5/31/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p6
The article focuses on the plan of home health firm Gentiva Health Services to acquire Odyssey HealthCare, which is considered as one of the biggest hospice companies in the U.S., for 1 billion U.S. dollars. It notes that if the Gentiva-Odyssey deal is completed, the combined average daily...
- The gator bowl. McLaughlin, Neil // Modern Healthcare;5/31/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p24
The author reflects on several issues related to health in the U.S. He cites the effects of narcotics and other chemicals flushed into the sewers on animals such as alligators and male fishes. He adds that the planned acquisition of Odyssey HealthCare by Gentiva Health Services signifies growing...
- Banks Rework Gentiva TL Before Syndication. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;8/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p12
The article reports on the revision made by a bank consortium including Bank of America Merrill Lynch to a term loan for home health and hospice service provider Gentiva Health Services in which the loan has been downsized to 580 million dollars prior to syndication.
- LBO Health-Care Deals on the Rise. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;6/7/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p1
The article focuses on the increase in leveraged buyout (LBO) deals in the healthcare sector in the U.S. Private equity firms are giving attention to health-care companies who are into a string of deals in the leveraged loan and high yield bond markets. It notes that the sector is active in the...
- Industry News. // Eli's Hospice Insider;Sep2010, Vol. 3 Issue 9, pp70
The article offers news briefs related to hospice operations industry in the U.S. Gentiva Health Services Inc. has decided to close its acquisition of hospice chain Odyssey Healthcare Inc. The Death with Dignity Act of Oregon gives terminally ill patients the right to physician-assisted death....