Disciplining the audiological encounter
- Bone anchored hearing aids: a second fixture reduces auditory deprivation in Cambridge. Durvasula, V. S. P.; Patel, H.; Mahendran, S.; Gray, R. F. // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Sep2007, Vol. 264 Issue 9, p991
Bone anchored hearing aids are well established for canal atresia, otosclerosis and chronic suppurative otitis media. Refinements in technique to maximise gain while keeping the complications to a minimum are desirable. This study was taken up in order to explore the potential advantage of a...
- Intention to use hearing aids: a survey based on the theory of planned behavior. Meister, Hartmut; Grugel, Linda; Meis, Markus // Patient Preference & Adherence;2014, Vol. 8, p1265
Objective: To determine the intention to use hearing aids (HAs) by applying the theory of planned behavior (TPB). Design: The TPB is a widely used decision-making model based on three constructs hypothesized to influence the intention to perform a specific behavior; namely, "attitude toward the...
- Bone Anchored and Middle Ear Implant Hearing Aids. Chasin, Marshall // Trends in Amplification;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on implantable hearing aids. Description of bone-anchored hearing aids and middle ear implants; Uses and functions.
- BAHAÂ®: The Direct Bone Conductor. Westerkull, Patrik // Trends in Amplification;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on BAHA device, a direct bone conductor. Overcoming of drawbacks of conventional air-conduction and bone-conduction; Developments in BAHA system.
- The SOUNDTEC Direct System. Matthews, Pamela // Trends in Amplification;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p61
Features the SOUNDTEC Direct System implantable hearing device. Principles of operation; Specifications; Capabilities.
- The VibrantÂ® Soundbridge â„¢. Arthur, Deborah // Trends in Amplification;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p67
Features the Vibrant Soundbridge implantable hearing aid. Targeted audio range; Surgical procedure to implant the device.
- THREE-CHANNEL INSTRUMENT SOLVES HEARING PROBLEMS. Leventon, William // Design News;6/7/93, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p91
Introduces the Triton hearing aid from Siemens Corp. Availability of the product; Product feature; Identification of the Programmable Multi-Channel in the product.
- Hearing aids. van Pletzen, H. C.; van Heerden, M. S.; Olivier, A. // CME: Continuing Medical Education;Sep2012, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p334
The article discusses the benefits of a hearing aid for a person with hearing loss. It provides important reminders when selecting and purchasing hearing aids in accordance to the communication needs of a person with hearing loss. There are optional features to assist in different communication...
- Hearing Aid Troubleshooting Based on Patients' Descriptions. Jenstad, Lorienne M.; Van Tasell, Dianne J.; Ewert, Chiquita // Journal of the American Academy of Audiology;Sep2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p347
Clinical audiologists were surveyed to determine the terms that their patients use to describe their reaction to hearing aid fitting problems. From this survey, a vocabulary of 40 frequently reported terms was developed. A second survey of hearing aid fitting experts was conducted to determine...