The association between problematic cellular phone use and risky behaviors and low self-esteem among Taiwanese adolescents
- Did You Know? // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;2/16/2009, Vol. 77 Issue 15, p3
The article presents a study on the danger of talking on cellphones while crossing the street. The study was conducted by the University of Alabama. It suggests that teenagers who talk on their cellphones while crossing the street are more likely to step into moving traffic. The study looked at...
- CG! In CoNtRoL. Weed, Erin // Cosmo Girl;May2004, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p130
Offers self-defense tips to teenage girls. Advantage of bringing a cell phone when traveling alone; Steps on how to perform the freeze stance; Effectiveness of such move.
- Nivel de AdaptaciÃ³n en Adolescentes Mexicanos. del Bosque Fuentes, Ana Elena; Borja, Laura Edna Aragón // Revista Interamericana de PsicologÃa;Mai-Ago2008, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p287
In this work adjustment is considered as a relational and dynamic process among the subject and the environment, in which the individual's behavior adjustment is expected to be referred to his own desires, preferences and needs; furthermore it is expected that such behavior adjusts to the...
- Impact of Environment and Behaviour on Self-Esteem in Jamaican Adolescent Girls. Morgan, K. A. D.; Brodie-Walker, S. N. // West Indian Medical Journal;Nov2008, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p470
The goals of this study are to evaluate the impact of a distressed environment on self-esteem in Jamaican adolescent girls and to assess the impact of behavioural patterns on self-esteem. Participants were African-Jamaicans ages 13-17 years from a Place of Safety (experimental group) and local...
- AN INVESTIGATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HIGH-SCHOOL STUDENTS' PROBLEMATIC MOBILE PHONE USE AND THEIR SELF-ESTEEM LEVELS. IŞIKLAR, ABDULLAH; ŞAR, ALI HAYDAR; DURMUŞCELEBİ, MUSTAFA // Education;Fall2013, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p9
Excessive mobile phone use, especially among adolescents, brings too many debates about its effects. To this end, in this study, we try to investigate the relationship between adolescents' mobile phone use and their self-esteem levels with regard to their genders. For 919 high school students,...
- USING A PSYCHOEDUCATIONAL APPROACH TO INCREASE THE SELF-ESTEEM OF ADOLESCENTS AT HIGH RISK FOR DROPPING OUT. Wells, Don; Miller, Mark; Tobacyk, Jerome; Clanton, Robert // Adolescence;Summer2002, Vol. 37 Issue 146, p431
Provides information on a study which investigated the effectiveness of an ecologically oriented approach in changing the self-concepts of 80 high-risk adolescents. Methodology used in the study; Results and discussion.
- SELF-IMAGE AND VALUE ORIENTATIONS OF ADOLESCENTS. Joksimović, Snežana; Janjetović, Dragan // Zbornik Instituta za pedagoÅ¡ka istrazivanja / Journal of the In;Sep2008, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p288
Self-image or self-consciousness comprises thoughts, feelings, evaluations and predictions about oneself and one's own behaviour. Subject of the research is the linkage between self-conceptualisation of adolescents and their value orientations. The aim is to determine whether there exists a...
- Her Name in Lights. Leise, Michelle // Daughters;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the benefits of engaging child in stage plays. Support of the author to the decision of daughter to play a Greek warrior in 'The Iliad'; Ability of acting to increase self-esteem; Opportunity for daughter to experiment safely with adulthood.
- FROM ASHES AND DESPAIR, HOPE THROUGH WRITING POETRY. // ForeWord Reviews;Summer2014, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p9
The article offers information on the effort of the Seattle, Washington nonprofit organization, Pongo Teen Writing, to use one-on-one mentor volunteers and help teens on the streets, in detentions, and in mental hospitals build self-esteem.