Understanding long-term sick leave in female white-collar workers with burnout and stress-related diagnoses: a qualitative study
- Is your employee genuinely sick? Dias, Katee // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/16/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4599, p40
The article provides an answer to a question from a hotelier related to the sick leave of employees.
- Four Steps to Evaluate Absence Policies. Weber, Teri // Risk Management (00355593);Mar2011, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p11
The article highlights ways to gauge the effectiveness of absence policies, which includes conducting a review of the policy, assessing the Family Medical Leave Act provisions of the company and being up-to-date with regulations.
- Know your rights if ill on annual leave. Emin, David // Media Week;10/27/2009, Issue 1231, p19
The article presents a question and an answer related to canceling a leave and take the week as sick leave.
- Q&A. Hannaford, Janet // Education (00131156);Feb2014, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p11
The article provides an answer to a question related to the rejection of sick leave application.
- Q and A. Phil Ní Sheaghdha // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Jun2015, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p51
No abstract available.
- Turns out it is all in your head... // People Management;May2014, p7
The article presents data from the Office for National Statistics of Great Britain which showed that sickness absence caused by stress, anxiety or depression had increased in 2013, and the campaign led by the Workwell Mental Health Champions Group to raise awareness of the issue in the workplace.
- Does return to work occur earlier after work-related sick leave episodes than after non-work-related sick leave episodes? A retrospective cohort study in Spain. Benavides, F. G.; Serra, C.; Domínguez, R.; Martínez, J. M.; Plana, M.; Despuig, M.; Sampere, M.; Gimeno, D. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jan2009, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p63
Objective: In Spain, sick pay benefits for work-related sick leave episodes are higher than for non-work-related episodes. Our aim is to assess whether time to return to work is longer for higher paid sick leave episodes than for lower paid episodes. Methods: We used data from 62 376...
- Stop sickness absence costing you dear. CRUSH, PETER; FARAQHER, JO; JEFFERY, ROBERT; KIRTON, HAYLEY; LEWIS, GRACE; SCOTT, ANNA; WALLER, DAVID // People Management;May2014, p33
The article discusses a research study on the cost of sickness absence for employers in Great Britain in 2013, conducted by Doctor John Briffa. INSET: Keep the doctor away.
- Employer Policies for Dependent Care: The Role of Internal Demographics. McNamara, Tay K.; Pitt-Catsouphes, Marcie; Brown, Melissa // Journal of Managerial Issues;Summer2013, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p192
This paper examines the relationship between the internal demographics of organizations and employer policies for dependent care. Drawing on survey data of United States organizations, two types of employer policies are considered: sick leave for dependent care and financial policies for...