California Politicians Mulling Energy, Education Bills
- SoCal Edison Creditors Growing Impatient. // Energy User News;Nov2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p27
Reports the attempts of creditors to craft a bailout plan for Southern California Edison Co. to force the utility into bankruptcy in Santa Ana, California.
- Calif. IOUs Anticipate Rate Hikes. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p1
Reports on the postponement of Southern California Edison's pollution control bond refunding. Financial position of the utility; Reasons for the postponement of the refunding; Revenue losses of the company.
- Farmington, N.M., offers bondholders chance to redeem. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p3
Reports that holders of a pollution control refunding bonds issued by the city of Farmington, New Mexico have been offered a chance to tender the debt through a modified Dutch auction. Offer from Southern California Edison Co.
- Southern California Utility Set for $331 Million Refunding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/11/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31034, p40
Reports the plan of Southern California Edison to refund 331 million dollars in revenue bonds in San Francisco, California. Factors affecting the decision of the company; Underwriters of the deal; Opportunity of the company to finance and extend bond maturities.
- It's Back to Calfornia's Senate for Proposed Edison Rescue. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31220, p5
Focuses on the Senate Bill 78XX to rescue Southern California Edison from bankruptcy in Los Angeles, California. Sale of bonds for payment to banks and energy generators; Impact of the Edison bankruptcy on the issuance of power revenue bonds; Influence of electricity cost on the bankruptcy.
- Calif. Edison Settlement Good News For Insurers. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;10/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31238, p4
Reports the settlement between Southern California Edison (SCE) Co. and the California Public Utilities Commission allowing SCE out of bankruptcy court. Direct net exposure of MBIA Insurance Corp. to SCE; Total recovery of debt service payments; Net par outstanding in secured first-mortgage...
- Power woes continue. // State Government News;May2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the implications of the bankruptcy filing of Southern California Edison on the energy crisis experienced in California. Information on the plan of Governor Gray Davis to deal with the energy crisis.
- Southern California Edison dodges bankruptcy bullet. // Electric Light & Power;Nov2001, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p1
Reports the escape of electric industry Southern California Edison (SCE) from close bankruptcy in California. Lawsuit filed by SCE against state regulators; Problems among SCE creditors on insolvent utility; Settlement on the issues of insolvent utility.
- Calif. Kills SCE Bailout, OKs $2.6B Park Bond. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31225, p1
Reports on the consideration of various bills by legislators of California as of September 18, 2001. Votes of legislators for the Southern California Edison Co. bill; Proceeds from the park bond measure; Functionality of the bill passed by the expected Republican candidate for governor next...