Air Conditioning Goes on Fritz, Housing Bonds Downgraded
- S&P Director Warns Against Cuts to Public Housing Funds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p5
The article reports that Wendy Dolber, a managing director at Standard & Poor's, warned lawmakers that the credit ratings of certain public housing authority bonds could be jeopardized if the U.S. Congress continues to reduce the amount of capital funds that it appropriates for these...
- Slippery Rock U. Foundation Lowered to BBB by S&P. // Bond Buyer;10/17/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33997, p1
The article reports that the finance rating provider standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its long-term rating and underlying rating (SPUR) on the series 2005A and 2007A revenue bonds of Pennsylvania Higher Education Facilities Authority from BBB to BBB-plus. It states that the bonds...
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2003. Marketing of general obligation bonds; Improvement of the bond rating of Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
- Endangered Issues. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the declining rating on zoo bonds issued by Palm Beach County by Fitch Ratings in Florida.
- Hillcrest Stays Put. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the bond rating for the outstanding Series 2000 bonds of the Montana Health Facilities Authority.
- GOs to Go. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the rating for state general obligation bonds in Nevada.
- AA Affirmed. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the rating for state general obligation bonds in Washington.
- New Jersey's Middlesex County May Lose Top Rating. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p4
Reports that Middlesex County, New Jersey is on the verge of losing its top rating as its general fund is facing deficits at the county-run, long-term care facility. Effects of the fund deficit on the health care facilities; Impacts of the rating downgrade on the county's fund reserves.