SEC's Weinstein to State Auditors Disclose Beyond Minimum
- Disclaimers don't override disclosure, Maco warns. Whalen, Robert; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30657, p1
Reports on a warning on municipal bond underwriters against trying to disavow their disclosure obligations in bond offering documents in the United States. Disclosure responsibilities in the official statements for bond issues; Examination of the terms of offering.
- MSRB hosts dirt-bond disclosure forums. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30685, p30
Announces the plan of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board of Washington State to hold public forums in three cities to discuss ways to improve disclosure for land-secured financing in the municipal market. Schedule of the forums; Discussion of practices recommended by the National Federation...
- Disclosure fears discounted. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30638, p1
Reports that municipal bond issuers must not worry that they will be accused of insider trading if they disclose information about their finances or bond offerings to individual analysts or investors in the United States. Dispute between analysts and issuers; Telephone request for information.
- Post Office, Real Time Muni Market Looking for Both Next Year. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p1
Reports on the condition of the municipal securities market in Washington. Improvement of the secondary market disclosure; Evaluation of the real-time transaction reporting program; Availability of the pricing information to market participants.
- How Green Bond Growth Could Promote Muni Transparency. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;11/16/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34613, p10
The article reports that according to S&P Global Ratings, increased focus on disclosure in green bonds might lead to better disclosure practices in the larger municipal bond market in the U.S.
- Fitch: Disclosure Among Most Important Rating Factors. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p40
Reports on the recommendation of U.S.-based ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc. that superior debt disclosure practices is one of the three most important financial management practices that government bond issuers can adopt to improve their municipal bond ratings. Role played by disclosures in...
- MSRB Withdraws Proposed Notice on College Savings Plans. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31939, p5
Reports on the withdrawal of a proposed interpretative notice on Section 529 college savings plan by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in Washington. Result of the changes in market practices in the mutual fund industry; Reform of the college savings programs; Regulation of the...
- DeKalb Raises Issues. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;4/12/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33498, p1
The article reports on the impact of the BBB general obligation rating noted by Standard & Poor's for DeKalb County in Georgia which raises financial disclosure issues.
- INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BONDS: THE DISCLOSURE DILEMMA. Hellige, Eric M. // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter81, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p291
This article will trace the history of industrial development bonds and highlight some of the recent abuses involving this unique type of municipal security. The history of industrial development bond regulation and the application of the existing federal securities laws to these bonds will then...