Muni Prices Firm After Fed Ease; Morgan Stanley Wins N.J. Deal
- Municipal Prices Finish Up Strong; Merrill Wins $225M Ohio GO Deal. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30854, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of March 2000. Growth of the municipal bond market; Increase in federal funds rate; Percentage gains of high-grade intermediate bonds; Summary of the secondary dollar bond trading; Worth of noncallable Ohio general...
- All Eyes on Primary as Calif. DWR Prices Largest Muni Deal in History. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p2
Highlights key developments in the American stock market as of November 5, 2002. Sale of municipal bonds by the California Department of Water Resources; Decrease in value of the Institute for Supply Management non-manufacturing index; Possibility of reduction in federal funds rate by Federal...
- Municipals and Treasuries Weaken After FOMC Hikes Funds Rate to 1.50%. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p2
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. Detection of a weakened municipal bonds; Impact of the move of the Federal Reserve Board to raise the federal funds rate on the movement of the bonds; Increase in the second quarter productivity.
- Municipals Continue Downward As FOMC Raises Target Fund Rate. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p2
Reports on the results of municipal bond trading in the U.S. on November 10, 2004. Effect of the increase in the federal funds rate on the municipal bond market; Municipal bond yields; Major deals in the market.
- Indexes Rise Across the Board in Wake of Employment Report. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p30
Reports on the increase in the yield indexes for municipal bonds in the U.S. for the week ended November 11, 2004. Traders' assessment of market activity; Effect of the increase in federal funds rate on trading; Weekly average yield to maturity of municipal bonds.
- Munis Unchanged as FOMC Cuts Funds Rate. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32839, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond and Treasury markets in the U.S. for the week ended March 18, 2008. At the end of the week, the municipal market changed to slightly weaker, as the federal fund rate was lowered 75 basis points to 2.25% by the Federal Open Market...
- Municipals Weaken, Yields Rise As Eyes Shift From Rita to Fed Hikes. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32226, p2
Reports on the economic indicators causing the weak performance of municipal bond market in the U.S. Rise in yields as investors refocused their attention on continuous rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Rise on federal funds rate; Cutting of offerings before new deals hit the market.
- Municipals Show Little Reaction To Fed's 12th Consecutive Rate Hike. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p2
Presents updates related to the municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. Assessment of the reaction of the bond market on the move of the Federal Reserve Board to raise the federal funds rate; Detection of a slight negative tone of bonds; Move of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. to price the...
- Munis Firm in Sympathy With Treasuries. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32265, p2
Reports on the sympathy of municipal firms with Treasuries after the Federal Open Market Committee meeting indicated that policymakers are closer to its tightening cycle. Citations of the basis points in spots wherein yields fell; Discussion on the possible future changes on the balance of...