NEWS IN BRIEF
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/3/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33275, p2
The article offers news briefs on economic performance, federal funds rate, and auction of Treasury Department 's four week bills in the U.S.
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Braun, Martin Z.; Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31425, p7
Reports the marketing performance of bond market in the U.S. Agreements between J.B. Hanauer & Co. and Golden-Harris Capital Group Inc.; Revenue of Golden-Harris; Closure of collateralized debt obligation deal between American Capital Access and UBS Warburg.
- Insurers' new boy could make risk an endangered species. Krueger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/30/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30263, p8
Reports on the debut of the single-A rated bond insurance firm American Capital Access Corp. (ACA) in the United States market. Triple-A insurers' dominance of over 50 percent of the tax-exempt new issue market; Launch of ACA by Russ Fraser, formerly chief executive of Fitch Investors Service...
- Muni Bond Prices Rise 3/8 Point; Underwriters Fond of New Deals. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31236, p2
Focuses on the effect of federal reserve fund rate cuts on bond sales in the United States. Impact of the terrorist attacks on debt future markets and cash market prices; Range of yields offered by Merrill Lynch & Co.; General obligation bond won by Saloman Smith Barney Inc.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31508, p2
Presents news items related to public finance in the U.S. as of November 7, 2002. Reduction in federal funds rate by 50 basis points by the Federal Open Market Committee; Auction of eighteen billion dollars of ten year notes by the Treasury Department; Increase in rating on Bernards Township,...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p2
Presents several news related to the corporate sector in the U.S. as of December 11, 2002. Announcement of Federal Reserve Board policymakers about keeping their target for Federal Funds rates unchanged; Decrease in inventories for merchant wholesalers; Auction of four-week bills by the...
- Treasury to Sell $8B 4-Week Bills. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32624, p2
The article reports on the plans of the U.S. Department of Treasury to rollover $8 billion of four-week discount bills starting May 8, 2007. The Federal Reserve banks have held $18.534 billion of maturing bills in their own accounts. According to the report, the bills are dated May 10, 2007 and...
- Bottom-Line Relief in Sight. Hampel, Bill // Credit Union Magazine;Jul2007, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p58
The author reflects on the inverted U.S. Treasury yield curves impact to credit union net interest margins. He points out that both long- and short-term interest rates are relatively slow due to low inflation expectations. He believes that a return to a normal yield curve will increase the...
- Municipal Prices Finish Up Strong; Merrill Wins $225M Ohio GO Deal. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30854, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of March 2000. Growth of the municipal bond market; Increase in federal funds rate; Percentage gains of high-grade intermediate bonds; Summary of the secondary dollar bond trading; Worth of noncallable Ohio general...