Australian senator warns against fisheries job losses in Cairns
- The Bold and the Beautiful. // Sport Diver;Oct2010, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p59
The article features the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in Australia.
- SA Marine Parks network. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jan/Feb2013, Issue 133, p16
The article announces the completion of the South Australian Marine Parks Network comprising 19 marine parks covering 44 percent of South Australia's ocean.
- Sharing the bounty. // Ecos;Jan-Mar98, Issue 94, p11
Focuses on the marine industry in Australia. Reference to the Federal Minister for the Environment, Senator Robert Hill announcing a proposal to establish in the Bight Australia's second park; Views of fishers; Comments from Dr. Keith Sainsubury of CSIRO Marine Research.
- Safety Zone. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;1/27/2012, Vol. 81 Issue 15, p4
A quiz concerning the marine reserve in Australia is presented.
- A gift to the earth. // Wildlife Australia;Winter98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p6
States that the Federal Government declared the Great Australian Bight the second largest marine park in the world on April, 1998. Description of the Bight; Information on marine life found in the Bight.
- New marine park. C.C. // Earth Island Journal;Summer98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p16
Highlights the establishment of the Great Australian Bight Marine Park. Significance of this park; Description of the marine park; How this park is allocated.
- New species of stingray discovered at Ningaloo. // Ecos;Apr/May2010, Issue 154, p6
The article reports on the discovery of a new species of stingray at Ningaloo Marine Park by scientists who conducted dive surveys off Western Australia.
- Marine Reserves Network Proposals Need World Class Management. // Australian Maritime Digest;Aug2012, Issue 214, p2
The article reports that the Australian Association for Maritime Affairs (AAMA) welcomed the proposal of the government to make a Marine Reserves Network to nationally and globally protect significant marine ecosystems.
- SOS: Save our seas. Davey, Kate // Australian Geographic;Jul-Sep2002, Issue 67, p33
Focuses on the need to protect the marine environment in Australia. Adverse effect of commercial fishing and recreational fishing; Significance of marine national parks; Ways to protect the marine environment and contribute to the sustainability of fisheries.