- The procrastinator's garden. Pleasant, Barbara // Organic Gardening (08973792);May/Jun92, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p28
Offers a list of crops that are true super-speedsters of the vegetable world. Easy to turn a late start into a great garden with these jackrabbit vegetable varieties; Included are rapid-fire radishes, lightning lettuce, perky peppers and tomatoes, Breathless beans, and many others; Gives...
- European wheat futures sprout. Kharouf, Jim; Zwick, Steve // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug96, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p14
Reports that European countries have begun trading more agricultural commodities after decades of control and government subsidies. Marche A Terme International de France's (MATIF) European milling contract launched on July 5, 1996; Wheat contract offered by the Amsterdam Agricultural Futures...
- Crop diversity. // New Scientist;3/14/92, Vol. 133 Issue 1812, p15
Reports that heads of Europe's leading seed banks have joined forces with some of their most vocal critics to propose a strategy for conserving genetic diversity of crop plants in Europe. Groups involved; What the strategy states.
- Growing businesses. Stroker, M. Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p15A
Features two family-owned produce markets expanding in Louisiana to cope with the increased demand for state-grown fruits and vegetables. French Market Produce Co. in Mandeville; Main problems markets have; Covington Farm Fresh; Folsom Farm Fresh; Popularity and success of fresh produce among...
- Agricultural markets from now to 2000. Boonekamp, Loek; Cathelinaud, Yves // OECD Observer;Apr/May96, Issue 199, p19
Presents information on the decline recorded in the agricultural commodities, such as wheat for 1995. Economic outlook on cereals and other commodities; Reasons for the renewal of agricultural policies by Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries; Importance of the...
- Your right to foodtalk. // Natural Health;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the efforts of an alliance, referred to as the Foodspeak Coalition, to revoke disparagement laws in the United States. How the laws restrict negative statements about agricultural products; Number of states which the laws are existing in; Reference to the experience of talk show...
- Sweet taste of success for desert farmers. Stanton, Jenny // Australian Geographic;Apr-Jun95, Issue 38, p26
Features the farm produce of some of Australia's desert farmers. Burly John Crayford's mango and flower business; Ken Hawkins' asparagus farm.
- Festive focus on local is boring warns FPC. // Grocer;12/11/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7985, p33
The article reports on the consequence of a narrow focus on homegrown produce at all costs in Great Britain, according to the Fresh Produce Consortium (FPC) in December 2010.
- Enjoy fall's bountiful harvest. // Washington Jewish Week;9/22/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 38, p56
The article talks about the abundance of fall produce in the U.S., urges growing one's own produce, and announces that America's Test Kitchen and Miracle-Gro have teamed up to provide new recipes and tips on fall gardening at www.scotts.com/GroYourOwn.