- The procrastinator's garden. Pleasant, Barbara // Organic Gardening (08973792);May/Jun92, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p28
Offers a list of crops that are true super-speedsters of the vegetable world. Easy to turn a late start into a great garden with these jackrabbit vegetable varieties; Included are rapid-fire radishes, lightning lettuce, perky peppers and tomatoes, Breathless beans, and many others; Gives...
- European wheat futures sprout. Kharouf, Jim; Zwick, Steve // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug96, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p14
Reports that European countries have begun trading more agricultural commodities after decades of control and government subsidies. Marche A Terme International de France's (MATIF) European milling contract launched on July 5, 1996; Wheat contract offered by the Amsterdam Agricultural Futures...
- Growing businesses. Stroker, M. Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p15A
Features two family-owned produce markets expanding in Louisiana to cope with the increased demand for state-grown fruits and vegetables. French Market Produce Co. in Mandeville; Main problems markets have; Covington Farm Fresh; Folsom Farm Fresh; Popularity and success of fresh produce among...
- Agricultural markets from now to 2000. Boonekamp, Loek; Cathelinaud, Yves // OECD Observer;Apr/May96, Issue 199, p19
Presents information on the decline recorded in the agricultural commodities, such as wheat for 1995. Economic outlook on cereals and other commodities; Reasons for the renewal of agricultural policies by Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries; Importance of the...
- Sweet taste of success for desert farmers. Stanton, Jenny // Australian Geographic;Apr-Jun95, Issue 38, p26
Features the farm produce of some of Australia's desert farmers. Burly John Crayford's mango and flower business; Ken Hawkins' asparagus farm.
- Tulare County reports $5.6B in ag value. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/27/2012, p6
The article focuses on the release of the Tulare County Annual Crop and Livestock Report which revealed that value of agricultural commodities increased by 16 percent to 5.6 billion dollars in Tulare County, California in 2011.
- Asian Market Will Benefit Ag In 2012. // BEEF Exclusive Insight;1/10/2012, p1
The article reports on the increasing number of opportunities in China and other Asian markets in 2012 for U.S. agricultural products.
- N.Y. FUNDS FOOD ACCESS PROGRAM. M. G. // SN: Supermarket News;7/5/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p15
The article reports on the New York Healthy Food/Healthy Communities Initiative which will benefit neighborhoods in Syracuse and cities in New York which do not have access to fresh food.
- Cocaine countries try to grow straight. Gabor, A.; Rosenbaum, S. // U.S. News & World Report;10/23/89, Vol. 107 Issue 16, p57
Reports on the US farm lobby's opposition to government recommendations that coca growers in Latin America plant legitimate cash crops. Fears that new crops will compete with American farm exports; Specific crops under discussion.