CHINA MEDIA REPORT OVERSEAS
- Language Modes and Intertextual Translation of Corporate Leaders' E-Messages in Hong Kong and China. Sing-Bik; NGAI, Cindy; SINGH, Rita Gill // International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research;2013, Vol. 68, p14
This paper investigates the strategies used by the leaders of listed corporations in Hong Kong and Shanghai to communicate with their stakeholders. The content of the electronic messages (e-messages) posted by the leaders sampled on their corporations' websites was analyzed to identify language...
- Illinois-Based Bank Opens Bilingual Branch... Inside a Public Library. Marra, Jeanne C. // Bridges (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis);Fall2015, p1
The article discusses the opening of a full-service bilingual banking center by TheBANK of Edwardsville (TheBANK) at the Fairmont City Library, Illinois.
- Turn Potential Members Into Real Members At PALS. Matz, Debbie // Credit Union Journal;2/28/2005, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p56
Focuses on the implementation of the initiative Partnering and Leadership Successes in the U.S. Encouragement of the credit unions to adopt undeserved areas; Expansion of the fields of membership; Recruitment of bilingual staff from different countries who can relate to immigrants' experiences;...
- CHISMES. // Caribbean Business;9/6/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p40
The article presents several issues in Puerto Rico. The high operating costs of the region is the main reason that a manager close its manufacturing plant. Workers at the Sheraton Hotel installed zinc panels and barbed wire around the base of their construction cranes to avoid possible takeover...
- ALA! LINGUISTIC INNOVATION AND THE BLENDING OF CULTURES ON THE SOUTH TEXAS BORDER. De García, Kati Pletsch // Southwest Journal of Linguistics;2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
The linguistic situation on the United States/Mexican border in Laredo, Texas illustrates the complex nature of a bilingual community. Border residents are faced with the task of negotiating their identity every time they engage in discourse. Language alternation, i.e. TexMex, is a visible...
- OF BILINGUALISM AND BRAVERY. Bourgeois-Doyle, Dick // Toastmaster;Apr2013, p26
In this article, the author discusses the significance multilingualism to engage new members in club meeting. Topics discussed include support of the Canadian government for bilingual communication, benefits of bilingual communication to promote bilingual business meetings and views of Sylvie...
- How to keep a journal. // Behavioral Health Treatment;Jul97, Vol. 2 Issue 7, Preceeding p5
Presents information on how to keep a journal. Information on writers of journal; Reason for keeping journal. INSETS: What do I say?.;Try this..
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Hoyt, Mike // Columbia Journalism Review;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p7
The article announces the launch of "Columbia Journalism Review Chinese," an edition of the journal published and distributed in China.
- Ithaca newspaper moves to a.m. // Editor & Publisher;5/25/96, Vol. 129 Issue 21, p26
Reports on the switching of the Ithaca, New York `Journal' from an afternoon paper to a morning edition on May 6, 1996, with plans for expanding its local, world and state news coverage.