- Study on the Optimum Design Method of Heat Source Systems with Heat Storage Using a Genetic Algorithm. Min Gyung Yu; Yujin Nam // Energies (19961073);Oct2016, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p1
Recently, a heat source system utilizing a heat storage tank for energy savings in buildings was designed. A heat storage tank is an effective system for solving the qualitative and quantitative differences in the required building energy. On the other hand, the existing design process of a heat...
- Excavation oversight. Rizzo, Joyce // Fleet Equipment;Feb97, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
Presents suggestions for fleet equipment companies when undertaking construction projects for underground storage tanks. Environmental concerns; Tank management; Tank removals; Tank design and installation; Remediation compliance.
- q&a. // Timber Home Living;2016, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p21
The article provides an answer of the right home solutions before installing rainwater collection tank.
- Water for wildlife: Tank siting made easy. // American City & County;Aug96, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p90
Cites some of the challenges encountered by the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) when siting an elevated water storage tank. Population strain on the water distribution system in Washington, D.C.; Evaluation of sites and storage systems for the Bowie-Glenn Dale Water Storage...
- Peeking inside composite layers. Newberry, Alfred // Machine Design;5/9/94, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p118
Discusses the advantage of using SRAC's Cosmos/M Designer software in building fiberglass-reinforced plastic tanks. Use of the finite-element-analysis software to help in pinpointing and solving potential problems before the actual construction of the tank; Ability to determine stresses,...
- Elevated Water Tanks Have New Space. Nathaniel, Barbara // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/05/98, Vol. 241 Issue 13, p38
Discusses the use of multi-purpose tower spaces as sites for water system pump stations. Features of water towers; Construction cost of water towers; Uniqueness of water tower's architectural design.
- AST secondary containment update. Geyer, Wayne; Stellmach, Wayne // National Petroleum News;Jun95, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p72
Part II. Describes new above-ground storage tanks (ASTs) design and technology. Double-wall design; Diked ASTs; Fire-rated ASTs; STI Fireguard standard for insulated tanks; Technical design considerations; Importance of emergency venting features to prevent explosion during a fire.
- Sinopec secures funding for Fujairah oil storage facility. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/21/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 38, p16
The article reports on the financing obtained for construction of an oil storage facility in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates (UAE), a joint project of petroleum company Sinopec, a Chinese government enterprise, and energy trading firm Concord Energy.
- CB&I is awarded contract for Gorgon LNG project. // Bulk Transporter;Jan2010, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that CB&I has won a 550 million-dollar contract with Chevron Australia Pty Ltd. for the LNG and condensate storage tanks in Barrow Island, Western Australia.