First Stop: Goal Setting and Planning
- A one-stop shop for retirement plans. // Business NH Magazine;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on the impact of retirement plans on the ability of companies to attract and retain employees. Legislation making retirement plans more affordable and less time-consuming for small companies to administer; Retirement plan options for small businesses; Impact on employee attitude and morale.
- WHEN DEFEAT WINS. McCormac, Mark // New Zealand Management;May2002, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p20
Provides advice regarding the changing of goals for personnel management during business planning. Strategies for avoiding failed goals; Importance of knowing the difference between persistence and unreality during goal setting; Benefits of declaring defeat for chief executive officers.
- Infrastructure goals are essential building blocks of your integrated IS plan. Lewis, Bob // InfoWorld;06/29/98, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p116
Discusses the key elements necessary in a company's operational goals. Lifestyle description; End-user interest group; End-user support plan.
- Setting goals is the road to success. Stein, Neville // Horticulture Week;2/3/2012, p19
The article discusses the importance of setting formal business plans in defining the aspects of achievement. A business plan is necessary for any organization even if any external investment is not needed. It is mentioned that successful business people always create and follow the business...
- Don't Go It Alone. Kamikow, Norm // Chief Learning Officer;Sep2010, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p4
No abstract available.
- Tracking progress and keeping score. Rector, Bruce // Buffalo Law Journal;4/2/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 27, p3
In this article the author reflects upon the importance for businesses to measure progress and keeping score for motivating teams and attainment of goals.
- Performance Management Cycle. // Performance Management Cycle;1/1/1997, p1
Video Length: 11 minutes. This video explains why it is important for performance appraisals to include performance planning up front. This planning and reviewing cycle is called "performance management". It leads to clearer expectations, improved communication and an objective basis from which...
- Merits Of Unachievable Goals. // Goals are Not Made to be Reached. Goals are Only Made to Give Yo;Feb2012, p1
Video Length: One minute and 20 seconds. Goals are not made to be reached; instead, they're meant to give leaders direction.
- The Future Of Your Farm. // American Fruit Grower;
Presents the basic estate-planning concepts and techniques for land owners. Advice on estate-planning; Factors to consider in setting goals; Importance of personal financial inventory.