Building Your Transition Policy Statement
- It's time for Year-End Financial and Tax Planning. // Caribbean Business;12/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p13
The article focuses on the need for partnerships, corporations, and self-employed individuals to perform their year-end financial and tax planning. Topics discussed include suggesting to review financial statements and the preliminary financial information, the difference between the financial...
- Appendix B. // Complete Guide to Planning Your Estate In New York;2009, p279
A variety of legal papers and answers to the financial planning quiz are presented.
- City of London merges teams. Gillman, Susanna // Planning (14672073);9/9/2011, Issue 1917, p5
The article reports on the merger of central London authority's department of planning and transportation into a new department of the built environment, which brings together streets and highways functions with development management and planning policy.
- $ELLING YOUR BU$INE$$. Johne, Marjo // CMA Management;Aug/Sep2004, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p34
Advises small and medium-sized business owners in Canada on how to prepare for the sale of their businesses. Reasons for selling a business; Objectives in selling a business; Assessment of the value of business in terms of future profitability; Tax planning issues.
- Diversifying talents. Chigbo, Okey // CA Magazine;Mar2011, Vol. 144 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Deena Waisberg on successful business management, one on tax planning legislation, and one on business valuation.
- International Financial Reporting Standards for U.S. Companies: Tax Implications of an Accelerating Global Trend. Andrews, Nathan // Tax Executive;Sep2008, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p371
The article discusses the developments in the use of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs). The driving force to convert to IFRSs in the U.S. will come from the global markets and the desire of investors for one standard of financial accounting principles to reach consistency...
- Business Valuation Letter. // Family Advocate;Winter2008, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p38
The article presents a format for a letter by attorney, addressed to the client and related to the process of business valuation, as part of an effort to educate the client about the divorce process in the U.S. It provides information on the process of business valuation like discussing the...
- Five Rules Every Business Owner Should Know Before Selling a Business. // Orange County Business Journal;8/23/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 34, pA.26
The article presents the rules that every business owner should know before selling a business. The rules mentioned include the necessity of business owners on not to rely on the valuation of buyers, but to prepare in advance for any solicitations. The author suggests that business owners...
- Estate Planning for Business Owners. Maccarrone, Eugene T.; Warshavsky, Mark S. // CPA Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p34
Highlights the role of business valuation in the wealth preservation process. Estate planning factors that can influence the valuation of business interests; Role of the business valuator; Process of business valuation; Types of discounts applied to the value of business.