Do You Need an Associate Adviser?
- Struggling to Grow? What Successful Firms Get Right. Paikert, Charles // Financial-planning.com;11/20/2014, p6
The article discusses research on financial advisors conducted by the professional group Financial Planning Association (FPA) emphasizing the relevance of business development objectives. Valerie Chaille from the planning outfit SummitView Financial states successful advisors focus on their...
- The Power of Practice Management. Matrisian, Matt // Power of Practice Management;11/8/2013, p1
Having a flourishing financial advisory business in todayâ€™s competitive market requires more than just an ability to produce revenue. It involves the know-how to more effectively build, grow, and manage a business. In The Power of Practice Management, financial services industry expert...
- The 30-Day Plan. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p35
Offers tips for financial planners on increasing the revenue of their business. Identification of an ideal client for the business; Ways to build trusted personal relationship with clients; Advantages of establishing a systematic referral request process.
- What Advisers Are Saying- business strategy. Wickenden, Phil // Money Marketing (Online Edition);7/5/2012, p25
In this article the author encourage financial advisers to look after the investment risks caused due to economic instability. He mentions that the client of financial advisors measure risk by the seriousness of occurrence, advisers are largely probability focused. He mentions that true low risk...
- Keeping Your Head in the Game. Case, Ingrid // Financial Planning;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p65
The article explores tactics financial planners use to balance long- and short-term business requirements. Long-term goals and projects are important for small business owners because these move the organization to the next level. When daily activities consume considerable energy, it becomes...
- Seminar Sales Drying Up? Try Client Marketing Events. Papineau, Jennita // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/26/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 20, p16
The article reports on the financial advisors' strategies in dealing with their clients. It says that some advisors are collaborating with local vendors of popular products or services and inviting their clients to an event they co-host. The event will expose their products and strengthen the...
- Six Steps to Success. Fowler Jr., Lawrence J. // Advisor Today;May2004, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p18
Provides tips on how to grow a multiline insurance agency in the U.S. Advantage of staff involvement and goals in an agency; Need for strategic planning; Use of time control in sales action plan; Benefits of activity and working for an action plan; Significance of market employee benefits.
- Following your investment instincts. McCormick, Dominic // Money Management;5/4/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p16
The article discusses the author's views on how to be a successful investor based from his personal and professional perspective for 20 years. He argues that there is no single ideal investment strategy that suits everybody. He suggests that one of the most important lessons is being willing to...
- Stop Working So Hard! // Financial Planning;Dec2005, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p17
The article presents tips for financial planners on achieving great results including setting up a target, measuring the results and dealing with the feedback.