Taming the Social Networking Beast
- Advice review eyes role for new advisers but no long-stop. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/4/2016, p1
The article discusses on the role of advisory groups in filling financial advice gaps. Topics include split in Financial Advice Market Review (FAMR) and advice market; opposition faced by the FAMR and qualification of the advisory group. Other topics include suggestions to overcome it,...
- Is your Web site working for you or against you? // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2005 Supplement, Vol. 18, p10
The article focuses on effective Web site marketing and principals of Web site design. The author examined the Web sites of 25 financial planners and critiqued these sites. The author suggests that financial planners keep their Web site designs clear and clean; provide information about a...
- Focusing On SMALL BUSINESS for BIG Success. Willis, Dave // Advisor Today;May2008, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p41
The article examines ways for financial advisors' success in tapping small businesses. A key approach most of them use to acquire high-quality prospects is to form alliances with other business professionals. Participation in community and charitable events is also a productive investment for...
- Social Networking: Can It Harmâ€¦or Benefit Your Practice? Minerof, Peta // Podiatry Management;Jan2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p117
The article discusses the role social networking can play in building and strengthening a podiatry practice. The author describes the different services offered on the social networking site Facebook and how those services can be applied to help market a professional practice. The common...
- What's Your Value? Maseka, Ayo // Advisor Today;May/Jun2011, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses how few forward-thinking producers are making the most of social media to help them quickly and cost-effectively market their services and receive instant feedback.
- RIAs Look to Social Media, Alternatives for Growth. Stock, Howard // American Banker;3/5/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F309, p9
This article reports that registered investment advisers are looking at other options to find new clients and to communicate with potential markets. Half of such advisers are exploring social media, such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
- 4 ways to work twitter. // Senior Market Advisor;Jun2012, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p26
The article suggests four ways senior market advisors can incorporate the online social networking service Twitter into their social-media marketing strategy, one of which is by attracting followers by following such key individuals as existing clients and industry leaders.
- Marketing the New-fashioned Way: Connect with your target market through social networking sites. Luke, Kristen // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov/Dec2009 Practice Management Sol, p18
The article focuses on several social networking sites as an effective marketing tool for businesses in reaching with their target markets. It notes the report published in May 2009 by the Financial Planning Association (FPA), Online Marketing Methods: Planners Best Practices, which found 60...
- You've Got... Tweets. Yost, Lauren // Parks & Recreation;Feb2010, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p48
The article discusses the role of social media in driving parks and recreation marketing communications. Social media is defined by book author Brian Solis as a shift in how people discover, read, and share news and information content. Popular in the community are the social media vehicles of...