Nova Scotia high school students' interactions with physicians for sexual health information
- SEX EDUCATION IN THE CURRICULUM. Miller, Harold A.; Breakby, Robert S. // Education Digest;Feb1940, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p37
The article reports that during the past few years more has been accomplished in the field of sex education in the United States than previously in this century. This can be inferred from the authors' experience in presenting courses in sex education in the high schools of Lansing, Michigan,...
- Academic Achievement. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;10/15/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p12
Two reports, put together by researchers at the San Francisco, California-based West Ed research agency, suggest a novel way high schools can raise test scores: Make sure students are happy, healthy, cared for and drug-free.
- Black Females in High School: A Statistical Educational Profile. Muhammad, Crystal Gafford; Dixson, Adrienne D. // Negro Educational Review;Fall/Winter2008, Vol. 59 Issue 3/4, p163
In life as in literature, both the mainstream public and the Black community writ large, overlook the Black female experiences, both adolescent and adult. In order to contribute to the knowledge base regarding this population, we present through our study a statistical portrait of Black females...
- Board demotes gay lifestyle to "deviance". Gibson, David // Body Politic;Sep77, Issue 36, p8
Reports on the ruling of the Peterborough Board of Education that high school students will be taught that homosexuality is deviant behavior and not an aletrnative form of sexual expression in Canada. Reason for adding the definition to the reading material given to health teachers.
- Pegboard: high school edition. Garrison, Lorianne // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);11/8/2007, Issue 178, p21
The author focuses on the impact of high school on gay and lesbian teenage students. She notes that a talk with parents about sex as well as sex education have failed to help gay and lesbian high school students. She adds that her high school sex education did not include homosexuality issues....
- Too afraid to ask about girl-on-girl action in high school. Garrison, Lorianne // Xtra West (Vancouver);9/25/2008, Issue 394, p19
The article offers the author's view on sexual education and the life of homosexuals during high school years. She shared her own experiences when she was in high school, as well as those that she has observed from other schools. According to her, high school, regardless of sexual preference, is...
- SEX EDUCATION IN HIGH SCHOOLS. Kirkendall, Lester A. // Education Digest;Sep1944, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p17
The article presents a reprint of the article "Sex education in high schools," by Lester A. Kirkendall, which appeared in the March 1944 issue of the "Clearing House". The author explains that during the school year of 1942-1943, he worked with a program of sex education or social-hygiene...
- A Study on the Sources of Sexual Knowledge Acquisition among High School Students in Northwest Iran. Malek, Ayyoub; Shokoohi, Hamid Abbasi; Faghihi, Ali Naghi; Bina, Mahdi; Shafiee-Kandjani, Ali Reza // Archives of Iranian Medicine (AIM);Nov2010, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p537
Background: Considering the importance of sexual drive among teenagers, parental and societal concerns about teenagers' sexual drives, particularly in religious communities such as Iran is of practical importance; therefore, this present research was designed to study students' sources of sexual...
- Condom Distribution and Sexual Behavior. // Pediatrics for Parents;2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p4
Highlights results of a study comparing sexual behavior and condom use among high school students in the U.S. Pregnancy rates; Frequency of sexual intercourse; HIV instruction.