American attitudes toward homosexuality continue to become more tolerant
- EDITORIAL. Slater, Don // ONE;Jul63, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p4
Editorial. This article comments on the homosexual cause in the United States. The homosexual cause needs support. But that support should be given to issues not men. True, it is harder to believe in an issue than in someone. This is because it is so hard to learn the issues in the first place,...
- Video that raised conservative's ire to be distributed nationwide. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/17/2005, Issue 899, p26
Looks into a children's music video that some people say is part of an effort to encourage acceptance of homosexuality in the U.S. Cartoon characters identified in the video; Estimated number of schools expected to receive copies of the video; Views of people regarding the matter.
- Good News At Last! // Lesbian Tide;Nov/Dec78, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p15
This article presents news regarding gay rights as of November 1978. The formation of the International Gay Association in Dublin, Ireland. The decriminalization of homosexual acts between consenting adults in New Jersey. The acceptance of homosexual practices by urban dwellers in Michigan.
- Japan Recognizes Lesbian and Gay Rights. Misawa, Mitsunori // LGBT History, 1993-2004;2005, p60
The Japanese Ministry of Justice's Council for Human Rights Promotion included "sexual orientation" as a protected human right. The council's decision marks the first time that lesbian and gay rights had been acknowledged by the Japanese government.
- Where love dares (not) speak its name: the expression of homosexuality in Singapore. Kean Fan Lim // Urban Studies (Routledge);Aug2004, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p1759
Adopting Henri Lefebvre's spatial conceptual triad, this paper provides a critical investigation into the socio-spatial expression of homosexuality in Singapore. It explores how social space is not ontological, but constructed and reinforced as heterosexual. Specifically, an analysis is made of...
- TakingIssue: Spiteful bunk, divisive nonsense. Healey, Dan // Body Politic;Dec/Jan81, Issue 69, p7
Reflects on the oppression of homosexuals. Attitudes toward gays; Role of feminists; Criticism of homosexual practices.
- some personal observations. Allen, Luther // ONE;Aug55, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p4
This article characterizes human sexuality as a complex affair. Human sexuality is an obscure, protean and complex affair. Beyond a certain point in our thinking the problems of homosexuality merge with the problems of homosexuality merge with the problems of sexuality in general. The...
- THE DOCTOR AND THE HOMOSEXUAL. Pedersen, Lyn // ONE;Feb56, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p4
This article discusses key aspects of homosexuality and prostitution in the United States. The moral duty of homosexuals to abstain from non-procreative sex acts. An important object of the medical treatment of a homosexual person is to help him to adjust himself to his condition in as high a...
- YOU & THE LAW. Tietz, J.B. // ONE;Apr57, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p5
This article explores the nature of homosexuality throughout the history of civilization. Attempts that have been made by ancient societies to eliminate homosexuality. The origin of the term homosexuality. Legal history of homosexuality.