SOCIO-ECONOMIC OUTCOMES OF TEEN PREGNANCY AND PARENTHOOD: A REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE
- A TEENAGER'S View of Teenage Pregnancy. Pomar, Jennifer // 21st Century;Jun96, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p4
The author expresses her opinion regarding teenage pregnancy. She believes that some teenage girls have a baby as they want someone to love and love them in return. She stresses the need for young parents to realize that a child is not a carbon copy of themselves. She also mentions that...
- The Realities of Teen Parenting. Farrington, Jan // Human Sexuality Supplement;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p1
Presents an interview with a teenage mother regarding her experiences as a teenage parent. Reactions of her parents when they discovered her pregnancy; Determination to keep the baby and return to school; Significance of support from family and friends; Problems encountered by teenage mothers.
- My Life as a Teenage Mother. Kaley, Briana L. // New York Times Upfront;3/28/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 12, p4
Presents an article on being a teenage mother. Sacrifices entailed by being a teenage mother; Care of an infant.
- Adolescent motherhood and socioeconomic factors. Nebot, Manel; Borrell, Carme; Villab iacute, Joan R. // European Journal of Public Health;Jun97, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p144
Describes in an urban context the ecologic association between the adolescent fertility rates distribution and trends in Barcelona, Spain. Comparison of the effect of using different aggregates; Use of smaller available units of analysis in ecologic studies; Influence of ecologic bias and the...
- Babies having babies: Can a teenage mother have a life? John, Latasha; Sutton, Jenny; Matthews, Justin; Jimenez, Juan // New York Amsterdam News;12/31/98, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p18
Interviews teenage mothers participating in the Bronx Teen Parenting Program in New York City. Reasons for having children at an early age; Reactions to motherhood; Available free time; Experiences as pregnant teenagers.
- LETTER TO EDITOR. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);4/ 3/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p3A
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses teen pregnancy in Texas and the ways by which it can be reduced.
- THE REAL GILMORE GIRLS. Fahner, Molly // Cosmopolitan;Mar2009, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p140
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of becoming a mother at the age of fifteen.
- Choices. Blaisdell, Kimberly // Teen Ink;Oct2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a teenage mother.
- "I WAS 8 MONTHS PREGNANT & I DIDN'T KNOW". // Dolly;Jan2009, Issue 459, p83
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of getting pregnant and being a mother at age 19.