Personality Characteristics of Effective State Police Officers
- LIDERSTVO I INTELIGENCIJA. Cikotić, Selmo // Pregled;2013, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p153
Leadership is regarded and defined in many ways, however most of these interpretations include leader's ability to influence followers, within different environments and situations, aiming to implement certain vision and realize a change, by which the desired progress is achieved. For so...
- Leadership Methods in the Work of Police Managers in the Czech Republic After 1990. Hřebík, František; Kovaříková, Miroslava // International Advances in Economic Research;Nov2014, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p463
The article presents information on the findings of a study on determining the leadership methods used by police managers in the Czech Republic. It also aimed at determining how leadership style affects performances of employee. The survey suggests which leadership methods are adopted well by...
- THE GREATNESS THAT CANNOT BE TAUGHT. Halberstam, David // Fast Company;Sep2004, Issue 86, p62
This article deals with the ways in which leadership can be fostered. Leaders are men and women who have chosen the right profession. They have understood their field from the start and they have studied it without even knowing they have studied it. They could look around from the day they...
- Reverse-Engineering Leadership. Stroup, Jim // Conference Board Review;Fall2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on how leadership qualities are earned. Good leaders are said to have intelligence, technical ability, focus, drive, people skills and charisma. It is argued that real managers absorb and analyzes anything related to work. Managers do this by subordinating themselves to the...
- Leading by relinquishing. BIRCHFIELD, REG // New Zealand Management;Dec2011, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p102
The author comments on the findings of the leadership research conducted by global business consultancy HayGroup. He notes that the study emphasizes the need for leaders to acquire a host of new skills and competencies to lead successfully in the fast changing world. Though he agrees with the...
- Police association had taxable advertising income. // Practical Accountant;Oct97, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p22
States that the State Police Association of Massachusetts has gained income because of the sale of advertising which came about as a result of its annual yearbook.
- New York state police announces trooper examination schedule. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p30
Reports that the New York State Police will be holding statewide written examinations for prospective state troopers this September and October 1997. Deadline for applications; Date in which the testing cycle will start and end.
- Big brother-san is watching. Allen, M. // Popular Mechanics;Feb90, Vol. 167 Issue 2, p20
Discusses how the Connecticut state police have chosen unmarked Mazda MX-6 sports coupes to supplement the state's full-sized patrol cars. Special equipment; Performance.
- San Juan housing areas to get own police. Zayas, Edward // Caribbean Business;7/1/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p29
Reports on the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) approval of $6 million for the Puerto Rico Public Housing Administration. Establishment of a police force to work at different public housing projects; HUD manager of the Caribbean office Rosa C. Villalonga; Funding...