- Munis Weaken in 'Sloppy' Session; Yonkers, N.Y., Offering Postponed. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p2
Reports on the postponement of municipal bonds in Yonkers, New York. Assessment of equity gains; Evaluation of the government bond market; Impact of the weakness in tax-exempts on the postponement.
- Munis Firmer on a 'Pretty Positive Day'. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32998, p2
The article reports that municipal bond market in the U.S. was firmer on November 5, 2008, following Treasuries. Bond traders said that tax-exempt yields were lower by three or four basis point. The trading ended up with pretty decent activity and there were some gains. Bond traders consider the...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31927, p36
Presents statistical data about the bonds market in the United States as of July 16, 2004. Securities prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Municipal bond index; Bond buyer index.
- Late Summer Lethargy Continues As Municipals Finish Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond secondary market in the U.S. Observation that buyers were not aggressive enough in the first part of the session to push bond prices higher; Contribution of the longstanding underperformance of short-dated Treasuries to the weakness in tax-exempt...
- N.Y.C. to Start Selling $800 Million Of GOs With Taxable Piece to Follow. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/21/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32922, p3
The article reports on the plan of New York City to sell its general obligation (GO) bonds in 2008. The city is planning to start selling $800 million of new-money tax-exempt GO bonds in July and competitively market $165 million of taxable GO bonds in August. The decision to sell GO bonds is...
- Arizona School Facilities Deal: 'Exactly What Municipal Bonds Are For'. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;Deal of The Year Awards, p34
Focuses on the use of the municipal bonds of the Arizona School Facilities Board to resolve a public need and cleared the way for other municipalities to use tax-exempt financing in similar circumstances. Desire of the School Facilities Board to have an opinion from the Internal Revenue Service...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p40
Presents charts and a graph on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market as of April 26, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Municipal market data; General obligation bond prices; Municipal bond index; Municipal market yields.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p40
Reports on market statistics for the United States, compiled as of August 30, 2004. Municipal bonds; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields.
- Muni Bond Funds Dropped $3B in Net New Cash Flow in June. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32682, p6
The article reports that the tax-exempt bond funds dropped $3 billion in net new cash flow as of June 2007 in the U.S., based on the data released by the Investment Co. Institute. The decrease in inflows is the result of a slide in bond prices in the first half of the month that resulted in...