Ala. Governor Orders Competition in Bond Deals
- Collectors Keep a Share. // Government Executive;Aug99 Special Annual Issue Top 200, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Discusses the private contingency contracting, a common form of shared-benefits acquisition in the United States government. Use of the method to hire private collection agencies; Overview on the Education Department's contingency contracts; Provisions under the 1996 Debt Collection Improvement...
- Better buys: Preparing bid/proposal evaluations. Jurison, Alfred C. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun98, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p25
Discusses an evaluation plan to determine criteria to be used to select successful bidder during a procurement action of a local housing authority in the United States. Elements of an evaluation plan; Preparation of evaluation plans for public and private organizations; Information on sealed bids.
- Electronic toll collection--construction? Parvin, Cordell // Roads & Bridges;Aug96, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p6
Discusses the case of `In the Matter of AT/Comm Inc. v. Peter Tufo,' to illustrate a New York Court of Appeals decision regarding the procurement of electronic toll collection systems for highways by local governments. Need for public bidding; Distinction between improvements of the roads and...
- The many trails of Government's black empowerment. // Finance Week;05/11/2001, p9
Expounds on the provisions of the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act of 2000 in South Africa. Government's intention of promoting its 1996 White Paper guidelines for tender awards; Consideration of race, price and track record in the awarding of government contracts.
- Ricoh Americas Awarded National US Communities Contract. // Document News;2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p18
The article announces the multi-year contract awarded to Japan-based multinational imaging and electronics company Ricoh Co. Ltd. from the U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance to supply on-site managed services, network services and digital conversion of paper back files.
- Strategies for Responding to Bid Protests. Zeigler, Jack // Government Procurement;Apr2006, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p22
The article presents guidelines on how U.S. government agencies can develop an effective response plan for bid protests filed by vendors. Members of the procurement team should share responsibility of ensuring that the agency is in compliance with the appropriate bid requirements. The following...
- EDITOR'S NOTE: A RESPONSE TO OMER DEKEL'S "LEGAL THEORY OF COMPETITIVE BIDDING". Yukins, Christopher R. // Public Contract Law Journal;Winter2008, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p269
The article offers the author's comments on the article "Legal Theory of Competitive Bidding," by Omer Dekel. It discusses the literature on the theory of the public tender, and the equality of treatment to bidders by the U.S. federal procurement law. The author comments that the procurement...
- This enterprising bill would make a difference to society. Nieri, Robert // Third Sector;2/22/2011, Issue 649, p17
The article discusses the Public Services Bill being considered by the British government as of February 2011. It states that the purpose of the bill is to require all government bids to consider how best to maximize the social and economic impact of any public purchase. The bill is reportedly...
- Return to tender. Choat, Rupert // Supply Management;1/8/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the decision made by the high court in Northern Ireland concerning the violation of the government on public procurement rules. The court has decided that the government has breached public procurement rules when awarding places on framework agreements for works worth up...