Large Universities' Ability to Diversify Enables Them to Weather Downturn
- School-endowment returns weaken, but bite is limited. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;01/01/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the return of university endowment investments in Detroit, Michigan, in 2000. Reasons for the schools' flat returns; Growth of endowment in various universities; Diversity of endowment investments.
- University endowments booming. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;9/18/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p3
Focuses on the endowment returns of top universities in the United States. Benefits of bull markets for schools; Impact of venture capital investments on endowment funds; Account of the survey conducted by the Cambridge Associates for the National Association of College and University Business...
- Higher Education Endowments See Strong 2014 Returns. // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p73
The article reports that the investment returns earned by U.S. universities and colleges have risen in 2014. Topics discussed include the total worth of the endowment assets of the participating schools during the period, domestic equities as the biggest source of return for the period and the...
- Kentucky Wildcats' Endowment Posts 11.6% Return. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;9/13/2013, p6
The article reports on the 11.6% return posted by University of Kentucky's endowment fund for the annual period that ended in June 2013 amid a surging equity market. Investment performance for the year 2013 was reviewed by the university's Investment Committee. Information on the revised asset...
- Alts strategies account for 58% of US endowment assets in 2014. Schultheiss, Kristen // Invest Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article discusses the 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE) which reveals that the average investment return of fees for educational endowments in the U.S. for fiscal year 2014, with an average 58% asset allocation to alternatives. Topics include the increase in allocation to...
- Endowments Post -0.3% in 2012, Initial Data Says. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;10/25/2012, p8
The article presents the initial data for the 2012 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE), which showed that endowments instituted by a big sample of universities and colleges in the U.S. returned an average of -0.3% for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012.
- Higher Education Endowments Rise in FY04. // Presidency;Winter2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p10
Reports on an increase in the average return rate of college and university endowments for fiscal year 2004. Percentage of the increase; Number of institutions in the U.S. and Canada surveyed for the endowments; Source of funds for both independent and public institutions.
- Rochester, Princeton, Michigan announce double-digit returns. // Pensions & Investments;10/28/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p44
The article reports on the double-digit returns posted by the University of Rochester, Princeton University and University of Michigan on their endowment assets in their fiscal year ending June 30, 2013.
- U.S. endowments up nearly 20% for year, study shows. // Pensions & Investments;11/14/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p45
The article offers information on the report of the Commonfund Institute located in Wilton, Connecticut, according to which the average return of the U.S. endowments was 19.8% for the fiscal year ended on June 30, 2011. According to the managing director of the institute, William F. Jarvis, the...